MTSU basketball player (DeMario Williams) transferring to play football at UT...

BigOrangeVol29

aka UTVolFan29 on Twitter
Former 2 sport player at current MTSU basketball player DeMario Williams is transferring to play football at UT. Article here http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/articles/2010/05/13/sports/05williams.txt

Rivals 2008 profile
DEMARIOWILLIAMS150.JPG

View Photo Gallery (4)DeMario Williams Pictures and Photo Gallery - Yahoo! Sports
Wide Receiver
Columbia, Tennessee
Columbia Central

* Ht:6'3"
* Wt:182 lbs
* 40:4.58 secs
* Class:2008 (High School)

DeMario Williams Highlights 11 videos available »
DeMario Williams Highlights 1 - Rivals.com Video

He's now up to 6-4/190 and I'm guessing he'll play WR at UT since that was his HS position. If anyone who has seen him play can shed any light on his athleticism, I'd be appreciative.

Maybe he can wear 100 lb shoulder pads and play tackle.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

played highschool ball with him..poor work ethic and doesnt run good routes, very athletic though..he had a 'superstar' attitude and gave minimal effort on the practice field, but im sure that s*#% wont fly on Dooley's watch. he is a better bball player than football, ill be surprised if he sees the field

but i wish him luck and i hope he does get some PT

Last edited:
played highschool ball with him..poor work ethic and doesnt run good routes, very athletic though..he had a 'superstar' attitude and gave minimal effort on the practice field, but im sure that s*#% wont fly on Dooley's watch. he is a better bball player than football, ill be surprised if he sees the field

Work ethic.
He's played two years of college level sports. This could have changed drastically......,

The more I think about it my shoulder pads weighed around that back in 77-78

:crazy::givemebeer:

Oh wow! My MTSU Alum, bammer fan friend is going to HATE this! haha can't wait to tell her!

Welcome, Mr. Williams to Volnation! I wish you great success while you're in Knoxville and afterwards.

And he was not good enough at basketball to get significant playing time at MTSU. What does that say about his football future?

Did you see the field out of curiosity?

Bad work ethic? Opps! :spank:

Anyone know anything about this kid? Lists him at 6'4", he's pretty clearly a good athlete, and was apparently highly recruited. Maybe he can help -

Last edited:
And he was not good enough at basketball to get significant playing time at MTSU. What does that say about his football future?

I can't handle accounting very well, what does that say about my future as a bricklayer?

If I remember correctly, he was getting decent minutes on the basketball team. I want to say he had a death in the family at some point during the season

Ole Miss and South Carolina offered him in 2008, so he's a promising SEC player. Maybe after a year as a walk-on, he can earn a scholarship.

VN Store

Back