'24 MS WR JJ Harrell (Mississippi State commit)

Four-star Mississippi WR JJ Harrell is keeping busy this January. The On3 Consensus‘ No. 43 wide receiver was in Knoxville on Saturday for the first of three SEC visits throughout the month. Harrell heads to LSU next weekend (January 21) and will head to Ole Miss (January 28) after. Harrell’s visit to Tennessee certainly set the bar moving forward.
“Knoxville was something I’ve never seen before … seriously,” Harrell told On3. “What stood out to me was the great hospitality and the genuine coaches on the staff.” Kelsey Pope is leading the way with the four-star from Sardis (Miss.) North Panola High School and Josh Heupel has made Harrell an early priority in the 2024 class.
“They were fun to be around,” he detailed. “I feel like me and Kelsey became closer over the weekend and Coach Heupel is a laid-back type of guy.” “I love them both,” Harrell added. “It had a great impact in my recruitment. Tennessee wants me bad and it felt like home for sure.
-On3

“They’re at number one right now,” said Harrell, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 38 athlete in the 2024 class and the No. 5 junior from the state of Mississippi.
The 6-foot-2, 187-pound Harrell said he’s already planning on “visiting again very soon,” adding that he expects to be back in Knoxville “somewhere in the spring.” He had heard good things about the Vols from one of their Class of 2023 newcomers — safety John Slaughter of Southaven, Miss. — and from wide receivers coach Kelsey Pope and running backs coach Jerry Mack, and Tennessee more than lived up to the hype.
“Tennessee compared to my expectations very good,” Harrell said. “It was everything I expected and more. It definitely lined up with what I’ve been hearing about the program, but it was 10 times better in person.”

Beginning to wonder how many WRs we can take in the 24 class. Could end up with an embarrassment of riches, so to speak.
There was an estimate of 4 I heard the other day. Perhaps that was AP? Can't recall. It was said if all 4 of the guys that were here last weekend said they wanted in we'd take them.

Beginning to wonder how many WRs we can take in the 24 class. Could end up with an embarrassment of riches, so to speak.
Taking AT LEAST 3. Going to be a really big WR class. Guys like Ryan Wingo, Mike Matthews are absolute takes so if we get one or both of those that could raise the number we take. JJ Harrell, Jeremiah McClellan, etc also high on the board too

Taking AT LEAST 3. Going to be a really big WR class. Guys like Ryan Wingo, Mike Matthews are absolute takes so if we get one or both of those that could raise the number we take. JJ Harrell, Jeremiah McClellan, etc also high on the board too

Also think you could see a large "WR" class that includes a bunch of dudes, like Matthews, Harrell, Stewart off the top of my head, who could also be bigtimers on DEF.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back