Ms State Football boards

Some state fans sit behind me , he was from Jackson TN and his wife was from miss there daughter just graduated from miss. State . .... They were pretty upset with Moorhead ..... And the whole QB situation . I will say they had some really nice fans . Every state fan I talked to was noligable and polite and just pleasent to talk to about football

same here....we had a great time with the MS couple behind us....and they definitely are on the fire Moorhead and play the freshman QB wagon....I couldn't help but encourage them to hire the intern at Bama when they fire Moorhead...:p

Reactions: VolsSince78
Everyone’s always upset when they lose to us. That being said if we keep playing like we did Saturday then folks start to realize we are getting better and shouldn’t be a shocker any more

I live in Starkville and most I talked to were nervous after our Georgia game. When they found out Stevens was starting, they pretty much conceded.

I read two of the Miss State boards last night. It was completely nuts. Everyone thinks Moorhead should be fired. Moreover, the most popular post was one where the OP made a detailed case for firing Moorhead that included a statement like this:

Reading VN, I often think some of our fans are delusional, but VN actually seems pretty reasonable compared to some of the other SEC school message boards. Miss State isn't even a "top 7 job" in the SEC; much less the country. It's fun to think about that statement, though. Who is the author putting Miss State above? USC? Texas? LSU? Bama? Notre Dame? Georgia? Ohio State? They lost their coach of 9 years to Florida so surely he's not putting them above Florida.

I wouldn't even call Miss State a top 30 job. Other than Vandy and Kentucky, it's probably the worst job in the SEC. If I were a coach, I'd much rather be somewhere like Virginia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Arizona State, Wisconsin, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, or UCLA. Those are schools that aren't normally considered "blue bloods", but that are still jobs with major advantages that I see Miss State lacking.

I don't think they understand that Dan Mullen may end up being the best coach in their entire history. That's not the norm. Mullen was the aberration.
I gave you a like for no mention of Clempson and that clown Dabo.

Some state fans sit behind me , he was from Jackson TN and his wife was from miss there daughter just graduated from miss. State . .... They were pretty upset with Moorhead ..... And the whole QB situation . I will say they had some really nice fans . Every state fan I talked to was noligable and polite and just pleasent to talk to about football
Most fans I’ve encountered are, outside of Florida, Georgia and Kentucky.
GBO!!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Mississippi State is a perennial suck team. They havent won the SEC title since before WW2. They are a sub .500 team all time. Comparing their whining when losing to Tennessee fans whining after a loss is like comparing wet paper bags to oranges.

That's a weird analogy. The Miss St. team we played in the 1998 SEC champ game was a really good team. You're exaggerating/over-embellishing how much they traditionally suck. They're typically a kind of up and down program. Dan Mullen had some very solid teams there before he left for Florida.

Yeah, they are upset big time. It feels weird. I mean, did they actually not think that they could lose the game? They are the worst team in the West, practically.
I think it would be like if UT was still sort of muddling around the bottom of the East, had Arky as our West opponent, counted it as an easy win (= "whew, it's not LSU"), and we lost anyway.

that's what fans do...simple as that...we're all crazy for SEC football and some of us say stupid stuff...like,

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT BAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read some Georgia boards and they are unhappy with Smart and Fromme. Wishing they had Fields and some even saying they wish they still had Chaney. I just love armchair football.
Good let them cut their own nose off, I'd love to see them fall while we climb back up.

That's a weird analogy. The Miss St. team we played in the 1998 SEC champ game was a really good team. You're exaggerating/over-embellishing how much they traditionally suck. They're typically a kind of up and down program. Dan Mullen had some very solid teams there before he left for Florida.
I think MSU has the fewest all-time SEC wins other than Vandy, of the pre-expansion membership.

Not really prior to Mullen they would have about 1 maybe 2 good teams a decade they pretty much were consistently towards the bottom of the SEC

Typically, MSU is not good. The years under Sherrill and Mullen were the best stretches they had resulting in 0 SEC championships. Think about it, they lost to the Vols in 2008 and now in 2019. 2008 was historically one of our worst years ever & 2019 is looking eerily similar to 2008. What else needs to be said?

VN Store

Back