MS ST is our biggest measuring stick

PhoenixAZVol

I think this weeks game will be the biggest test on how much (or how little) we have improved. I think the outcome of this game will completely define the rest of our season. GA st was an embarrassment. No way we can turn back. We played a little better against BYU but made a few mental errors. Who cares about Chattanooga. That game meant absolutely nothing. We got clobbered by FL and GA but they have more talent and the outcomes were expected. We finally replaced QBs and our team seemed to have more energy. This week we have a game against a very evenly matched team, we have a new QB and the game is at home. The expectation should be that we win this one (I don’t take the -6.5 too seriously). If we win it gives us renewed hope that maybe we can win six games. If we lose, and especially if we lose by a lot, I think most of us will call it a season (I will) and have little hope that we are making progress. This is why I think this is our most important game to date.

It is. Mississippi state is mediocre. Tennessee is much improved. That said it’s a tall order to expect a freshman QB to win this one. I think Maurer will be good in the future I’m just not sure he’s ready just yet.

Agree with all these sentiments. However, I must say.... I really don’t like this matchup at all. This would have been a much better year to draw Arky or Ole Miss.

Miss State is going to run the ball, and will run it well. Expect to see a lot of long, sustained drives that end in TD’s for them.

I don’t like this matchup because we are going to have to score a lot to win, and points have been tough to come by for this team lately.

Agree with all these sentiments. However, I must say.... I really don’t like this matchup at all. This would have been a much better year to draw Arky or Ole Miss.

Miss State is going to run the ball, and will run it well. Expect to see a lot of long, sustained drives that end in TD’s for them.

I don’t like this matchup because we are going to have to score a lot to win, and points have been tough to come by for this team lately.
Pruitt seems to do well with one dimensional teams. Let's see if that continues.

I think this weeks game will be the biggest test on how much (or how little) we have improved. I think the outcome of this game will completely define the rest of our season. GA st was an embarrassment. No way we can turn back. We played a little better against BYU but made a few mental errors. Who cares about Chattanooga. That game meant absolutely nothing. We got clobbered by FL and GA but they have more talent and the outcomes were expected. We finally replaced QBs and our team seemed to have more energy. This week we have a game against a very evenly matched team, we have a new QB and the game is at home. The expectation should be that we win this one (I don’t take the -6.5 too seriously). If we win it gives us renewed hope that maybe we can win six games. If we lose, and especially if we lose by a lot, I think most of us will call it a season (I will) and have little hope that we are making progress. This is why I think this is our most important game to date.

!. Should be a good game both HC hired about same time in 2nd year.
2. We have out recruited MSU but it has not translated yet.
3. There seems to be a new found optimism among the team a 2nd wind if you will
4. This is definitely the BELL COW game to lead us to a possible Bowl game
5. Turn overs will decide this game

This MSU team isnt as good as most of the teams they've had the past decade. This game and USCe game will be the barometers as to whether Pruitt will be successful at UT.

If UT wins both, they have a shot of getting to 6-6 and building some momentum on the recruiting trail.

If they lose both, its likely the wheels fall off and 1-11 or 2-10 become possible outcomes. Pruitt wouldnt survive that.

This MSU team isnt as good as most of the teams they've had the past decade. This game and USCe game will be the barometers as to whether Pruitt will be successful at UT.

If UT wins both, they have a shot of getting to 6-6 and building some momentum on the recruiting trail.

If they lose both, its likely the wheels fall off and 1-11 or 2-10 become possible outcomes. Pruitt wouldnt survive that.

LOL

Pruitt isn't going anywhere for another 2-3 years

remember my words

Before the season I said this was the key/swing game... just in a little different context lol

I think UT needs to script the first 15-20 offensive plays AFTER halftime as well in this one. We have had trouble moving the ball and scoring in the second half of games. If players know what to expect and can run some tempo, we may be able to put up some points in the 3rd quarter.

In before beardedvol or volfannbama say fahr Pruitt.

giphy.gif

LOL

Pruitt isn't going anywhere for another 2-3 years

remember my words

If Pruitt goes 1-11 or 2-10, he wont be back. Mark my words. At some point, the cost of keeping him would outweigh the cost of the buyout. I don't think we get to that point but if you think he survives 1-11, you will be proven wrong...

I dont see Mississippi State as mediocre, so I disagree with the premise. Of course, I hope we hang with them, but they are more experienced and more talented at this point. They will beat us by more than 10, and it could get ugly in the fourth quarter

IMHO, every SEC game is a measuring stick, as we are still part of the SEC (you wouldn't know it by the way we play). The only reason so much attention has been given to our cupcake games is because we've lost to teams such as GS and BYU, but GA and FL are the games we should be talking about, as it MS-if we can't win in our own conference-we're screwed.

VN Store

Back