'19 MS SDE Jalil Clemons (Memphis signee)

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
nsfp04h7ngschjkzqp0s

SDE
6-3
CLASS OF 19
Starkville, MS (Starkville)

⭐️⭐️⭐️

PROFILES:

247 - Jalil Clemons, Starkville, Strong-Side Defensive End

RIVALS - Rivals.com

OFFERS:

Auburn, ArkSt, OleMiss, FAU, La-Lafayette, La-Monroe, Memphis, MTSU, SoMiss, VOLS, UTSA, UAB, WKU

[HUDL]3/7671195/5a2a0a9a42076e1eec89b0cb[/HUDL]

Last edited by a moderator:
“It's huge,” Clemons said of the offer. “Tennessee is a big school with a lot of tradition. I know about Derek Barnett and Reggie White. They have a tradition of great players there.”

Clemons is a 6-3, 220 pound defensive end/outside linebacker, who says Tennessee just liked everything they saw when they watched his tape. “I think they just like my whole game,” Clemons said. “When they watch my tape, they see a football player.”

Tennessee isn't the only SEC school who has come calling in the last week. Auburn and defensive line coach Rodney Garner have called as well. “Auburn wants to me to play 3 tech in their defense,” Clemons said. “Auburn hasn't offered but they seem every interested.”

Tennessee is recruiting Clemons as a hybrid outside linebacker/defensive end which the 3-star prospects admits is his position of choice.

Clemons said he has been patient and was waiting till after spring evaluations before making visit plans, but he does hope to see the Vols soon. “I'm going to try and set something up to get up there this summer,” Clemons said. That trip has a little more meaning to it now that the Vols have offered.

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know about his competition but he dominates on his hudl film. Bet this kid gets a lot more offers.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know about his competition but he dominates on his hudl film. Bet this kid gets a lot more offers.

seems like everyone we offer is 6-3, 220+.:)

even these kids that may be lower rated....it's going to be a good thing to have a team full of guys like this.

practices should be very interesting going forward. the competition level at practices in the future is going to be a lot different than it was. at least the guys going against each other are going to look like each other from now on.

Starkville is 6A, largest classification in MS. They were state runner-up to Pearl in 2017. They have some kids go play college ball. AJ Brown, the receiver from Ole Miss, graduated from Starkville.

Reactions: 4 people
Starkville is 6A, largest classification in MS. They were state runner-up to Pearl in 2017. They have some kids go play college ball. AJ Brown, the receiver from Ole Miss, graduated from Starkville.

6A is legit here in Mississippi. Jordan Murphy played in 5A if that’s any help.

"Coach Friend called me Monday and let me know that they were offering me. He said that they
really love my film and they want me to play a hybrid DE position, so they offered."

While the Vols have pulled the trigger first, several more big offers could be on the way soon for the
talented defensive end.

"As of now, I have 12 offers with Tennessee, Memphis and Southern Miss being the biggest, but I
think Texas A&M, Auburn and Ole Miss are all about to pull the trigger and offer me," Clemons
stated.

As many people know, Mississippi prospects are always difficult to pull away from the in-state schools when the pressure is applied, but Clemons stated that there is no pressure to stay in-state for his college ball.

"It doesn't matter to me if I'm in state or not, honestly. I'm going to attend the school who wants and
needs me the most, and also shows me a lot of love."

While Clemons does a lot of things great, he has a little old-fashioned style to him when describing
his play on the football field.

"Honestly man, I'm just going to ball and give a lot of effort every single play. Effort will take me a
long way in life on and off the field. The best word I can use to describe my self on the field is a
'dawg'."

While the recruiting process will continue to heat up for the Starkville HS prospect, it is a safe bet to
say that Tennessee may be ahead of the curve by offering early as several analysts have described
Clemons as a really good, underrated player that will get several SEC offers.

From Mitch White

No power 5 offers. We are his first... hopefully he blows up this year and picks us bc we are first to show interest

Film looks great but offer list looks more like something Clemson would take. Hmmm

I watched him play some last year. He definitely stood out in person.

You win this battle by getting him to Knoxville and showing him how close he is to a Target.

VN Store

Back