‘23 MS S John Slaughter (Tennessee commit)

People tend to overlook how good both coaches/programs are at identifying talent/potential….. They both get players that were 3* or below that end up doing great things…. Stetson Bennett for Georgia and Levi Wallace for Alabama we’re both walk ons….. I hope this staff is as good at identifying talent.
Yep, one or two of these so called “under the radar” recruits is ok. But the balance of your signed players had better be ones that most all the top tier programs offer. If not, you are always lagging behind. If you can’t pull in consistent top 10 recruiting classes championships will be rare.

Yep, one or two of these so called “under the radar” recruits is ok. But the balance of your signed players had better be ones that most all the top tier programs offer. If not, you are always lagging behind. If you can’t pull in consistent top 10 recruiting classes championships will be rare.
Everyone wants to jump straight to recruiting like Georgia or Alabama….. to build towards that you have to get some stars….. the rest be solid football players with very few misses…. If you do that then eventually the rankings will match your evaluations.….. fans tend to want to skip several steps of growth of a program.

Blake11367: Now that we have Luttrel and Smith in the boat, and Sandy, Myers, and slaughter still on the board, how would you rank those 5 from a talent perspective? Are any capable of playing star or corner? Any targets that are committing in May?

Callahan: I think John Slaughter is at the top of the board among the remaining targets, with Zahbari Sandy not far behind and Zack Myers also very much a possibility. Like a lot of DBs the Vols recruit, I think most of those guys at least have the versatility to play Star in addition to safety. There's been a little bit of CB talk with Sandy, but Tennessee has indicated to him that he's more likely to play safety.

Blake11367: Now that we have Luttrel and Smith in the boat, and Sandy, Myers, and slaughter still on the board, how would you rank those 5 from a talent perspective? Are any capable of playing star or corner? Any targets that are committing in May?

Callahan: I think John Slaughter is at the top of the board among the remaining targets, with Zahbari Sandy not far behind and Zack Myers also very much a possibility. Like a lot of DBs the Vols recruit, I think most of those guys at least have the versatility to play Star in addition to safety. There's been a little bit of CB talk with Sandy, but Tennessee has indicated to him that he's more likely to play safety.
Who are we recruiting that's actually fast enough to play CB?

Recruiting rankings aren’t always accurate but UGA and Bama are always at the top and we see how that’s helped them. With that being said several kids get overlooked and I think this kid is 1 of them
Recruiting rankings are adjusted to the kids that pick those schools as well though. So again a grain of salt. As long as you’ve got a top ten class and develop it you’re good. Of course there are some positions that you must hit on to succeed. Say for instance would you rather have the #1 class with a decent QB or have the #3 class with the best QB in the class? Personally if Tennessee has a top five class and Nico is as good as we think he will be, I’m good with it; of course #1 wouldn’t hurt my feeling any either.

VN Store

Back