'22 MS RB Branson Robinson (uga commit)

Tennessee obviously would love to land Dallan Hayden but they are also preparing for a tough battle there as Hayden doesn’t appear close to a decision. So how does Tennessee handle their running back class? Simply by working other running backs. Jordan James is one option but so is Branson Robinson from Mississippi. Robinson is the top ranked player in the state of Mississippi and has been long rumored for Georgia but he has liked the pitch from Jerry Mack and Tennessee. They are in it and time will tell how much.

- VQ

#1 RB on Rivals

Rivals100 running back
Branson Robinson has narrowed his list of finalists down to five ahead of what should be a critical stretch of visits in June.

Robinson, the nation's top-ranked running back out of Madison (Miss.) Germantown High School, named Georgia, Clemson, LSU, Alabama and Tennessee to his final group of schools. He expects to visit both Georgia and Clemson in June, officially, and from there will try to sort through the finalists and make a decision.

Mississippi's No. 1 player is set to visit Athens offically on June 4 and will head to Clemson a week later. "I need to evaluate and see what the best fit for me and my family is," Robinson told Rivals. "I'll take my five official visits to those school and I should have one school by then."

First-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel is trying to make some noise in Mississippi in his first full recruiting cycle and his new staff has quickly grabbed the attention of Robinson. Running backs coach Jerry Mack and Robinson wasted no time making a connection with the nation's top back, who believes the future is very bright in Knoxville, Tenn.

"Tennessee's future is so bright now and in my opinion, in a few years they will be playing for (a spot in the) College Football Playoff," Robinson said. "They, as a staff, are very talented in terms of recruiting. Specifically, Coach Mack is great (recruiter). I would say Coach Heupel is the funniest head coach I know. We get on FaceTime just about every week and he really be having me crack up. Also, he shows genuine care for his players, which is very appealing to me."

- Rivals

Size reminds me of this 5-10 225lb wrecking ball out of Pfluegerville, TX named Samaje Perine, who happened to play for Heupel at OU racking up 1700 yards on the ground his freshman year.

Heup’s laid back demeanor can be underestimated as your buddy, goofy, funny HC, but he hides a killer instinct that will get these guys noticed and paid at the next level.

Blake11367: How do we look with Branson Robinson, are we getting an official from him.

Callahan: Robinson has yet to mention a possible date for an official visit to Tennessee, but I think that's still on the table as at least a possibility. As of right now, though, I would say there's only an outside chance he ends up choosing the Vols. Georgia is widely believed to be the favorite to land him right now, and he's high on Alabama and Clemson, too. Tennessee has done a good job of recruiting him and probably surprised some people by making his top five, but I think the Vols are still facing a bit of an uphill battle in that one.

VN Store

Back