'25 MS QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame commit)

DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy should receive as much, if not more, credit as Sark for making Mac Jones a first round pick, IMO
I agree, but he must’ve been good enough to where the greatest coach in the history of football thought he was worthy of being drafted in the first round

No, there’s no question Riley has proven to be a better QB developer. He will have 3 number 1 overall picks at QB after this season plus Jalen Hurts. Sark has Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Tua, and Mac Jones on his resume. So far Heupel has put Drew Lock and Hendon Hooker in the league. Heupel could eventually surpass them, but right now he’s probably tied with Kiffin for 3
While I agree Riley is one of the best QB developers, Heupel has done more with less.. All those guys u just mentioned were highly rated coming out of high school.. We'll see what he does with Nico

This might sound shallow or unimportant to some, but I'd prefer GMac simply on the premise of being a right-handed quarterback, as opposed to Deuce, who is left-handed.

I say that assuming all things are equal and I have to pick something as a tiebreaker. The list of successful NFL QBs who are left-handed is very short. College QBs probably a little longer, but also a much deeper pool of players, too.

I definitely prefer GMac myself.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I definitely prefer GMac myself.
The coaches are actually split on who they prefer, and having a 100% definitive preference is kinda crazy when they have 2 full years of high school football to play. I will be very happy to land either, but will be watching both closely this fall. This debate may work itself out regardless of preference by September.

No, there’s no question Riley has proven to be a better QB developer. He will have 3 number 1 overall picks at QB after this season plus Jalen Hurts. Sark has Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Tua, and Mac Jones on his resume. So far Heupel has put Drew Lock and Hendon Hooker in the league. Heupel could eventually surpass them, but right now he’s probably tied with Kiffin for 3
you are being pretty generous there.

Leinart only started 1 season under Sark and didn't take a step back when he left.

Locker was a second team freshman all american before Sark showed up, and he regressed under Sark from 2009 to 2010 in pretty much every category despite 2010 having a better record and team.

Tua only had one year under Sark, after he had won a national title, MVP, second in Heisman voting, and again his production went down from his pre-Sark days of 2018 to when Sark took over in 2019.

I haven't heard that but I've been busy moving last week or two so I haven't been as in tune with HS football in-state this summer
I have no reason at present to believe it, but I have heard it said without the speaker endorsing the rumor that some folks in Nashville (at BA, I believe) have talked about it.

I am curious. I wonder if Knight might be ready to commit now? If so, would the staff just take his commitment and let the GMac situation work itself out? Or would they tell him to wait? Man what a great problem to have 😁

VN Store

Back