'25 MS QB Deuce Knight (Notre Dame commit)

As a MS native it’s really hard for me to get excited about a QB from here… we just don’t produce that many but nobody knows QBs like Heupel so if he’s on this kid this early he must be special

"The recruitment is going well,” Knight told VolReport. “The past two weeks, I've gotten six offers and I've been in contact with a lot of coaches.”

"I was very excited when I got offered. I had went and texted my friends, but the feeling was still kind of crazy getting offers because it was my third one," Knight said. “I was at camp when they offered me. Coach Joey Halzle just pulled me to the side and told me him and Coach Josh Heupel were talking, and he said they like my upside. … They said I’m already really good right now, but in two years I can be great."

"I have a good relationship with Joey Halzle, but who I first started talking to is Mitch Militello,” Knight said. “(Talking) with Coach Militello, it’s like talking to one your homeboys or good friend. It doesn’t feel like you're talking to a coach — he just talks and wants to have conversations with you. It doesn’t even have to be about football. But I also have a good relationship with Coach Halzle.”

"What stands out about the offense to me is how fast they play and the big plays they make. I love the pace of the offense,” Knight said. “I love that their offense lets you showcase your arm talent and just your overall playmaking ability.”

"I will be in Knoxville on March 23 checking out spring practice, and I will be back when I have a 7-on-7 tournament in Knoxville on April 8-9,” Knight confirmed to VolReport.
rivals

We seem to be swinging at Mississippi talent much harder than I remember in previous years.
It's about time. The amount of NFL talent that state produces is insane. Mississippi has been fueling Bama and LSU for a long time, with Ole Miss and State picking up the scraps. If we can tap into that pipeline it can only do us good.

I went to school with a guy nicknamed Trey. He was a III - I assume his father was a Jr. and grandfather a Sr.
I'm not sure but his father could have been nicknamed Deuce and his grandfather Ace.

If Cutter Boley is truly gone to Caintuck (maybe reclassifying to 24), and MacIntyre swinging to Clemson, this looks like a very good possibility. Pending how Madden's next two seasons go.

VN Store

Back