'21 MS JUCO CB Jadarrius Perkins (Mizzou Transfer)

I love juco players.... just have to have the right evaluator.... they pretty much set up our run in the 90’s helping to fix our defense with chuck smith, Chris mims, and dale carter.

If anyone would care to list the last 10 we have taken an retroactively give a star rating based on actual performance, this would illustrate my point.

There are exceptions, but to me that is what is probably the list scenario of a Kamara who left Bama. Transfer portal has changed that. The other is a monster performer in HS who didn’t study, like Patterson. I’m not about this “hidden gem / late bloomer” life

The list you gave doesn’t simply happen today. The game has changed for JUCO

Reactions: PA Vol
If anyone would care to list the last 10 we have taken an retroactively give a star rating based on actual performance, this would illustrate my point.

There are exceptions, but to me that is what is probably the list scenario of a Kamara who left Bama. Transfer portal has changed that. The other is a monster performer in HS who didn’t study, like Patterson. I’m not about this “hidden gem / late bloomer” life

The list you gave doesn’t simply happen today. The game has changed for JUCO
You could do the same thing with all our recruits..... we only had one guy drafted in the first three rounds...... Obviously our evaluations/coaching has been trash.... The most recent draft for jucos that I could find info on was the 2019 draft which is a pretty recent example..... There were 2 1st round picks.... 2 second round picks.... a 3rd round pick.... 4 4th round picks with 15 total jucos drafted...... There was also over 50 UFA signed by the NFL that began as jucos which mean they were probably starter level/good depth at the college level. It’s all about evaluations whether it is high school recruit or a juco..... I’m not saying we need to build a whole roster of jucos but they help immensely when trying to rebuild a roster quickly.

You could do the same thing with all our recruits..... we only had one guy drafted in the first three rounds...... Obviously our evaluations/coaching has been trash.... The most recent draft for jucos that I could find info on was the 2019 draft which is a pretty recent example..... There were 2 1st round picks.... 2 second round picks.... a 3rd round pick.... 4 4th round picks with 15 total jucos drafted...... There was also over 50 UFA signed by the NFL that began as jucos which mean they were probably starter level/good depth at the college level. It’s all about evaluations whether it is high school recruit or a juco..... I’m not saying we need to build a whole roster of jucos but they help immensely when trying to rebuild a roster quickly.
Palmer in a legit offense and proper WR coaching up goes in the 2nd at least...and he was a low priority recruit. I could see Andison Coby developing into a viable NFL prospect currently, but with more of the same old same old he would’ve been JAG. I think our talent (both past and present) has always been there...they just haven’t had development and a stage.

Palmer in a legit offense and proper WR coaching up goes in the 2nd at least...and he was a low priority recruit. I could see Andison Coby developing into a viable NFL prospect currently, but with more of the same old same old he would’ve been JAG. I think our talent (both past and present) has always been there...they just haven’t had development and a stage.
Some of that is true.... some has been poor evaluations.... I agree that Palmer has talent that wasn’t utilized.

If we get this kid, I'd start him and Kamal Hadden at CB and put Tae at Nickel. Two 6'2 corners would be a nightmare.

VN Store

Back