MS DT Fabien Lovett (FSU transferee)

Hope he goes elsewhere. A lineman this soft minded wont do much in this league anyway. Pruitt would break him the first time he did anything but kiss his a**.

the outrage over the outrage is just as annoying. if he chooses to come here and play for a gat-dang football coach instead of a meme lord and is an immediate benefit, who cares how he got here.
People love to take 1 action they know that someone took and then paint with a broad brush to think they know everything about that person.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Looks like even the grown ups can't let the noose meme go.

Good to see the typical race hustlers chiming in on this non-controversy. :rolleyes: There's always something to exploit by these grifters.

The fact that the MSM refuses to call these charlatans out on their stupidity is all I need to know.

People love to take 1 action they know that someone took and then paint with a broad brush to think they know everything about that person.
Knowing a person tried to destroy anothers reputation for personal gain a pretty good brush...oh and dude painted himself with it when he made a big hairy deal over absolutely nothing.

Knowing a person tried to destroy anothers reputation for personal gain a pretty good brush...oh and dude painted himself with it when he made a big hairy deal over absolutely nothing.

i'll actually pin this on the NCAA. if they weren't so inconsistent with the transfer waiver requests, kids wouldn't have to jump on perceived guaranteed tickets out of town like this. give everyone a one-time transfer and i think stuff like this is less seized-upon. granted, i think leach can be a dummy and should put the phone down sometimes, but i think kids jump on stuff like this because they think they have to game the NCAA, not because they're bad people.

i'll actually pin this on the NCAA. if they weren't so inconsistent with the transfer waiver requests, kids wouldn't have to jump on perceived guaranteed tickets out of town like this. give everyone a one-time transfer and i think stuff like this is less seized-upon. granted, i think leach can be a dummy and should put the phone down sometimes, but i think kids jump on stuff like this because they think they have to game the NCAA, not because they're bad people.
If you try to destroy another person over for nothing but selfish gain, then you are a piece of human excrement...but other than that I agree with you.

If you try to destroy another person over for nothing but selfish gain, then you are a piece of human excrement...but other than that I agree with you.
I think you are going a bit overboard. Saying a someone tweeted something they felt as racially insensitive and not wanting to play for a coach who presents himself like he does on Twitter is far from destroying a person. If I had to guess Leach is more than fine in Sunny Key West and he is fine this kid won't be on his team. Leach did recruit this kid and this kid didn't sign up to play for Leach.

As a blk man 43 that is married and has college kids and two minor kids at home I for one totally understood the Leach tweet. Yes i understand the nature of the picture but my goodness this generation has been so pussified that its ridiculous. The man made a caption that deliberately explained what he meant and the uproar still happened. I enjoy Leach on twitter and we laugh on group text almost daily about something he has tweeted. Can't wait to see Twitter leading up to the Ole Miss v Miss St gm. This should be EPIC
If I could frame this I would.

Reactions: Volinnooga
We are simply going to have to agree to disagree, here. I understand that to a certain demographic of people in a certain area of the country, that single image may resonate a little differently, but in an effort by all people to “live and let live”, I also don’t agree that people should walk on eggshells in fear that any possible obscure reference can be misconstrued as racially insensitive. Clearly, Leach was not promoting racial divide or hatred of any kind with that tweet.

Holy crap. That is not at all an obscure reference in Mississippi. Maybe you have never lived in the South or moved to the states later, idk, but everyone down South knows it very well.

I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt, since he is from another planet, but I don't expect everyone will.

If you think a noose has no intrinsic racial undertone in Mississippi, then you are just blind. No one has to "search", everybody dang well knows, in Mississippi, what it represents.

Now, Leach may simply lack awareness or not GAF, but he better come to understand the south a lot better, a lot quicker.

This.

I have a tough time imagining that Leach didn't question himself on whether or not the tweet was a good idea. If he did, and then posted it anyway, he's an arrogant fool. If he didn't, he's dumb.

Like it or not, there's some lines you just don't cross. I don't care how long it's been since the latest racially motivated hanging, using a lynch to make a joke is one of those lines.

Maybe I'm a little hypersensitive since I recently learned that, unfortunately, my family once owned slaves, and at lease one of my ancestors has killed a man because he was black, but that's beside the point. Actually... that kind of makes my point. There's a lot of hypersensitive people in the world, and that's one of the reasons why sending that tweet was a bad idea.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Hope he goes elsewhere. A lineman this soft minded wont do much in this league anyway. Pruitt would break him the first time he did anything but kiss his a**.

Actually it's a pretty smart move on his part to make a case for immediate eligibility.

Your post is nonsense considering that he has already shown the ability to play DL in the SEC.

NCAA board members lurking confirmed.

Try to destroy? That's a little over the top. All he did was post WTF and then entered the portal. I don't recall Lovett saying anything about race.... everyone just kinda assumed.

I don't have a problem with Leach's post but there is a reason that most coaches don't post humor or opinions on social media. You never know how people are going to take things and you don't want to give other SEC programs ammo to negative recruit.

I'm betting his AD will advise him to lay off tweeting unless it pertains to recruiting or promoting the program. Can you imagine Pruitt doing something like this? He leaves that to the younger guys like Neids.

This.

I have a tough time imagining that Leach didn't question himself on whether or not the tweet was a good idea. If he did, and then posted it anyway, he's an arrogant fool. If he didn't, he's dumb.

Like it or not, there's some lines you just don't cross. I don't care how long it's been since the latest racially motivated hanging, using a lynch to make a joke is one of those lines.

Maybe I'm a little hypersensitive since I recently learned that, unfortunately, my family once owned slaves, and at lease one of my ancestors has killed a man because he was black, but that's beside the point. Actually... that kind of makes my point. There's a lot of hypersensitive people in the world, and that's one of the reasons why sending that tweet was a bad idea.
Do you feel you're somehow responsible for something your ancestor did? I've never understood that kind of thinking. The sins of the father do not fall to the son. I'm my own man. I'll gladly own my actions and accept the consequences they bring, but I'm not responsible for anything my great-great-grandpappy might have done. And I won't feel guilt for it either. People are responsible for their own actions, not the actions of others.

Holy crap. That is not at all an obscure reference in Mississippi. Maybe you have never lived in the South or moved to the states later, idk, but everyone down South knows it very well.

I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt, since he is from another planet, but I don't expect everyone will.

Meh. People have the right to be offended by whatever they want, but considering the context, I think the kid is overreacting. It wasn't a hateful meme and had absolutely nothing to do with racism. Whatsoever. I've actually seen nooses used to present a racist message and it sickened me. Leach's cartoon didn't even come close.

Try to destroy? That's a little over the top. All he did was post WTF and then entered the portal. I don't recall Lovett saying anything about race.... everyone just kinda assumed.

I don't have a problem with Leach's post but there is a reason that most coaches don't post humor or opinions on social media. You never know how people are going to take things and you don't want to give other SEC programs ammo to negative recruit.

I'm betting his AD will advise him to lay off tweeting unless it pertains to recruiting or promoting the program. Can you imagine Pruitt doing something like this? He leaves that to the younger guys like Neids.
MSU knew who they were getting when they hired Leach, and tbey should support him being himself.

I expect Leach will be true to himself if he want's to succeed. That is whst got him to where he is, and people should know that. I expect Pruitt to do the same.

The kid is what he is...his blowup over nothing shows what he is. He painted himself with that brush. If he didn't think he would be successful under Leach because of differences over football philosophy..then he should have just said that, and entered the portal. That is not a stupid reason, and it is honesty.

I am glad we have Pruitt, he is what I want in a HC, but that being said Mike Leach has been pretty successful at all time doormat programs, and doing it his way. If Moo State wants to be successful...they will just support him and let him do.it his way.

Reactions: memtownvol

Knoxville, Tennessee...born and raised.

"Obscure reference" wasn't directed solely at the noose, in this case, but more of a general statement (as noted by the two words "any possible", which you omitted, that lead up to "obscure reference" in my post) that we have to walk on eggshells in fear that someone won't focus on the totality of what an image is trying to say, and be offended by it in a case where clearly no offense was intended. And again, Leach clearly intended no offense nor was he aware of how sensitively the noose reference would be perceived.

Last edited:
Reactions: wrangler
For instance...I know of four people who have hanged themselves in the area I live in just in the last three years...

VN Store

Back