'19 MS DT DaJon Terry

Growing up in Meridian, Miss., Terry was known more as a basketball player. Nicknamed “Baby Shaq” by those in his neighborhood, Terry said he was able to dunk a basketball in his high school days and noted he could handle the ball too. But one day, Terry was crossed over during a game, which caused him to fall. It was at that moment that Terry questioned his future playing basketball. At that time, Terry’s brother had already begun pushing the idea of Terry playing football as a senior in high school. Terry needed time to decide.

"What am I doing here?” Terry remembered asking himself. “I wasn't being recruited [for basketball] or anything. I just had to sit down and think: What am I doing this for?" After a conversation with the Meridian High School defensive line coach, Terry decided he would give football a try. After his first practice, Terry was hooked. The biggest thing that drew Terry to the football field was the physical contact.
Ankle-breaking crossover put DaJon Terry on path to KU football

Last year, Terry appeared in eight games, logging 14 tackles and 2.0 sacks. He also had two additional quarterback hurries. Terry made two starts in the Jayhawks' 2020 campaign. Throughout the year, teammates and players were complimentary of the big defensive tackle.

“We’ve seen huge growth, and we think he’s got a very bright future," said defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot of Terry. "I think his career here is going to be very good. He’s improved tremendously from last year to this year. Every week he gets better. He’s a guy that’s a 300-pounder that can move and he’s physical. I think you’re going to see some great things from him, not only this year but in the future."

“I feel like DaJon is one of the fastest learners on the team,” added teammate Marcus Harris. “He grasps all the information they throw at him. He applies that to the field. He makes it easier for me, taking on double teams and stuff like that. He makes it easier for the defensive ends. I feel like he’s going to be something special.”
Kansas football DT DaJon Terry enters transfer portal
Damn. An ankle breaking crossover so bad it drove the man to reflection. That’s intense. I need to see the tape!

VN Store

Back