'24 MS DL Kamarion Franklin (Ole Miss commit)

Rodney Garner has spent time in multiple states this week, including Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia and Alabama. Tennessee continues to have good dialogue with four-star DL Kamarion Franklin, and Garner was in Mississippi to check on the long-time target earlier in the week. Garner will finish out the week in Georgia as Tennessee continues to work the Peach State hard.
-VQ

Kamarion Franklin is set to return to Tennessee on Saturday for the Vols second junior day of the year. “It is good,” Franklin said of the overall relationship with Tennessee. “They do a good job of keeping in contact with me. They do a good job of recruiting me, so that is why I keep showing interest back.”
“I love how he coaches,” Franklin said of Garner. “I feel like he is a good dude and a good person, so I like all of that about him. We have built a good relationship so far.” “I really just need to see how much of a priority I am for the coaches and the program,” Franklin said on this. “How are the coaches going to treat my mom, who is coming with me, and me, and my family basically? Then just see what everything is like again and have a good time.”
“They see me on the edge and working me on the inside on third and long situations,” Franklin said. “They can match me up with a slow guard or kick me outside. Both ways, really. It is good knowing that they notice my athleticism and versatility on the defensive line.”
-VQ

Kam Franklin was the headliner of the day. He made it in late, but the good news is that he will be back in tomorrow morning to spend more time with the Tennessee staff. He told me earlier this week that this was an important visit as he wanted to ensure he was a priority. In the few short hours he was on campus this afternoon, he felt that way. He has told me that he isn't rushing a decision and is really set on announcing something later in the process.
It feels like Tennessee made a strong impression today. He will get more 1-1 time tomorrow which should only help. It won't be surprising if this recruitment has some twists and turns, but he does plan to return in the Spring. Right now, I would think the Vols earn one of his official visits as well. He has a lot on the schedule for Spring, so things can change, obviously, and this is going to be a long recruitment. But I like what Tennessee has done here over the last month, especially.
-Matt Ray

Anyone else get bothered by "I need to see that I'm a priority?" I mean, to each their own, that just turns me off personally. Because that turns into "I need to see money or playing time," and the next thing you know, they're in the portal.

Anyone have a different take on that?

Reactions: onevol74
Anyone else get bothered by "I need to see that I'm a priority?" I mean, to each their own, that just turns me off personally. Because that turns into "I need to see money or playing time," and the next thing you know, they're in the portal.

I don't look at it that way. I look at it as they want to make sure they're really wanted.

Anyone else get bothered by "I need to see that I'm a priority?" I mean, to each their own, that just turns me off personally. He was asked a question and gave a straight answer. "I need to see money or playing time," and the next thing you know, they're in the portal.

I think your reaction was personal to you and a bit of an overreaction. Especially the "because that turns into..." part. We don't know. It might mean he really likes the Vols and doesn't want to be disappointed if we were to take someone over him. I can't think of any cases where someone said that and then portalled out. It's prolly that you're hopeful and have fears of being disappointed and are imagining different outcomes.

It's not unnatural for a person to want to know that he is important. He is a high school student who is trying to make a big decision. He was asked a question and gave a straight answer. He sounds happy. I hope he and his mom had a good visit.

Maybe look at I want to be your first choice nor your backup plan.

VN Store

Back