SDE
6'4'' | 260 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Rivals.com

Jaren Handy, Perry Central, Strong-Side Defensive End

Jaren Handy - Hudl

Vols offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple DL committed to other SEC schools on campus...

Hearing that Mississippi natives Jaren Handy (Auburn) and Charles Moore (Mississippi State) were at Tennessee today. Both are 4-star prospects who have had very open recruitments despite their commitments. Handy recently committed to AU after being a longtime LSU commit. Moore has been on campus several times now and is also seriously considering Auburn and Ole Miss still.

-Simonton

Reactions: 1 person
Just tuck this away for later, but keep an eye on defensive lineman Charles Moore (Mississippi State) and Jaren Handy (Auburn) into the fall. Both SEC commits were in town Saturday and the Vols are working to flip the close friends and Top-200 defensive linemen. Handy has flipped before (and just recently committed to Auburn), while Moore has visited schools (namely Ole Miss and AU) a bunch as a State pledge. Pruitt & Co., like big bodies and those two fit that to a T. With their recruitment no where near being done, the Vols will try to make a move here.

-Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
Is he at Perry Central or Hattiesburg? I hope he went over to be on a better team. Hattiesburg is a better team (used to be, anyways). Southern Miss hired the really good head coach at Petal to get the locals (that didn’t work) but there are quite a few good players out there. Auburn has cleaned up getting kids from around there for years.

But I’m not scared. We can get this kid because Malzan is a couple of games from gettimg some massive heat. The Iron Bowl last year saved his job.

It’s a good hire... regardless of where he is from... he is a very good coach.

Thanks for the input, Butch!

But seriously there have been concerns about how he’d recruit for that reason, not being from the south. He started out recruiting well but seems to be losing momentum. Was a little surprised when the kid from Forrest chose Ole Miss.

Is he at Perry Central or Hattiesburg? I hope he went over to be on a better team. Hattiesburg is a better team (used to be, anyways). Southern Miss hired the really good head coach at Petal to get the locals (that didn’t work) but there are quite a few good players out there. Auburn has cleaned up getting kids from around there for years.

But I’m not scared. We can get this kid because Malzan is a couple of games from gettimg some massive heat. The Iron Bowl last year saved his job.

Perfect time to mine the area with LSU also being shaky. Jay Hopson will win at Southern Miss but can’t compete with SEC schools in recruiting.

Thanks for the input, Butch!

But seriously there have been concerns about how he’d recruit for that reason, not being from the south. He started out recruiting well but seems to be losing momentum. Was a little surprised when the kid from Forrest chose Ole Miss.

You show them by winning... doesn’t mean he isn’t a good coach... he is a great offensive mind and won’t lose anything on the offensive side of the ball for miss state.
Recruiting will come, let’s not forget its miss state... let’s pump the breaks.

Handy added an offer from TCU Friday and he did mention Tennessee is a school he is thinking hard about taking an official visit to along with Alabama, Auburn and Florida. Based on his words, it looks like he will be hard to flip from Auburn. He does tweet things out from time to time that may lead some to think he is pretty open, but after talking to him, he seems pretty happy with Auburn. You can’t rule out Ole Miss, an in-state school Handy seemed close to committing to on multiple occasions. The Rebels will have to get him back in Oxford to have a chance. Nothing is scheduled yet. Alabama is a school you never can rule out either. Handy said he does not plan to sign during the Early Signing Period in December. At this time, he will wait until February.
Rivals

I don't think he'll flip... so...

I'm having a hard time getting excited over a Handy.........

VN Store

Back