'22 MS CB Khamauri Rogers (Miami commit)

The 6-foot-1, 168-pound Rogers said Tennessee has made him a priority over the past few months, led by running backs coach Jerry Mack and defensive backs coach Willie Martinez. Rogers said he’s looking forward to seeing for himself what the Vols have to offer.

“I’ve never been to Tennessee,” Rogers told 247Sports’ Bud Elliott at the Boot to the Bay event in Tampa, Fla. “When the new coaching staff came in, they texted me as soon as they got the job. And they’ve been texting me ever since then, calling every other day, so they show a lot of love.”

A former LSU commitment who reopened his recruitment in December, Rogers named a top six in early April that consisted of Miami, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Mississippi State.

The Vols have caught his attention at least in part because of the way they have recruited him over the past few months.

“Coach Mack, he’s cool with my dad, so we talk a lot and it’s, like, a family relationship,” said Rogers, who’s ranked the No. 66 overall prospect and No. 8 cornerback in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “And Coach Martinez, we’ve been talking a lot.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back