'22 MS CB Khamauri Rogers (Miami commit)

Rogers was committed to LSU for a long time before opening things back up. He is taking his time this time because he doesn't want to be bouncing around. When he commits next time, he wants it to be the final time.

"I'll probably commit sometime before my season in the fall," Rogers said. "I'm taking my time, but I'd like to focus on my senior season as well."

Tennessee has popped up as a player for Rogers, who plans to tentatively officially visit Knoxville in late June. "We talk every week," Rogers said. "I talk coach Banks, coach Mack and coach Martinez. Coach Banks seems like he is all about business and put me in the best position to be successful."

Tennessee as two capable veteran coaches in the secondary. Both Tim Banks and Willie Martinez have done it at a high level for a long time. Martinez is in his second stint on Rocky Top and has left an early impression on Rogers.

"He's a nice guy and I like talking to him," Rogers said. "We talk about a lot of personal things. He tells me how much he'd love to coach me and about all the guys he has put in the League."

Rogers didn't know much about the Vols until recently, but that has changed with all the dialogue he has had over the last two months.
"I've got to talk to them a lot with all the talks we have had," Rogers said. "I like the new Tennessee staff better than the old one. It just seems real easy to get to know them."

Rogers is a taller corner at 6-foot-1. He knows he will need to get bigger, but he believes he brings a lot to the table. "I have good ball skills," Rogers said. "I'm good at man coverage. I'm fast, but I also need to keep working on my game."

Whenever Rogers sits down to focus on his decision, he will do so with a certain criteria in mind. "The scheme is very important to me," Rogers said. "I want to play early and I want someone who is going to put me in the best position to succeed."

Leaving the state of Mississippi is something he hears a lot about. Will it be a factor? "Wherever the best place for me is where I'm going," Rogers said.

- VQ

Letting U fans beat us here congratulating him. Vols need to hop to Twitter show that love lol

Rogers is slated to take an official to Tennessee the weekend of June 25.

“I’m from Tennessee and they hired a coach I’m a childhood friend with in Jerry Mack who was the OC at Rice and now he’s coaching with (Josh) Heupel. He always said if he went to a place that could recruit Khamauri he would recruit him. They call every day. Coach (Tim) Banks is recruiting him very hard and Coach (Willie) Martinez the DB coach, they bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the coach game.”
-Wiltfong

Didn’t know he was from Tennessee (assuming Memphis) or the connection to Coach Mack. Sounds like we have a legit shot.

Didn’t know he was from Tennessee (assuming Memphis) or the connection to Coach Mack. Sounds like we have a legit shot.
I think I read that he’s from Southaven, which is like 2 seconds from Memphis

VN Store

Back