'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

Whyyyyy. Dont need another QB.
Because you tell them what they want to hear to get them in the door. He could be like Randall Cobb, play some wildcat QB and throw the ball some to keep the defense honest when that package is on the field. Use him as a return man and as a WR and even give him some looks at RB from time to time

jimmy-holiday.jpg

Recruiting
TCU Commit Jimmy Holiday Feels Like ‘Number One Priority’ For Vols, Will Host Them In-Home Wednesday
Posted on December 2, 2019 AuthorMatt Ray Comment(0)

Paywall article if any members want to share anything.

Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt is in the state of Mississippi on Wednesday night to see Jimmy Holiday. The Vols love his versatility and his general ability as a playmaker. He has real leadership skills. Pruitt was flanked by Will Friend (primary recruiter) along with Jim Chaney and Chris Weinke.
- Price

Wow, that is really bringing out all the big guns for this kid. What does he project as? A slot receiver?

I’d imagine just an overall versatile and electric offensive weapon. Slot guy. Jet sweeps. Wildcat. Outside receiver.

Seriously looks like he can do it all. Someone Chaney could have a lot of fun with.

We currently have 5 QBs in our QB room. Bring him in and let him see what the competition is like. He offers something different than every QB. If he doesn't stack up at that position he would add elite speed at that position with Hyatt and hopefully TJB.

Wednesday night, he hosted Tennessee coaches for an in-home visit and the number of Tennessee assistants was a real wake up call.

"It speaks volumes," Holiday said. "There whole offensive coaching staff came to see me. It tells me a lot and tells me they want me as.a quarterback since the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach came."

Head coach Jeremy Pruitt, offensive coordinator Jim Chaney, quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke and offensive line coach Will Friend, who serves as Holiday's area recruiter were all in attendance. The chance to break bread with Pruitt again was a big deal for Holiday as the two have always jived with their personalities.

"He's straight forward about everything," Holiday said. "The thing I liked the most is that he said the game is changing and that he would be fool to not see it changing and that before long he will need this type of quarterback."

The message was pretty clear and that is nothing is promised in terms of playing time, but he would have every opportunity to earn the job.

"They talked to me about coming in and competing," Holiday said. "It puts some pressure on me to come to a decision since I'm going to be enrolling early."

Holiday will decide on his college choice and sign on December 18th and then arrive on campus in January. The chance to get coached by Chaney is very appealing and the veteran play-caller's pitch was also something that stood out during the several hour visit.
"He brought a book and showed me a packet and how they could develop me and use me in their offense," Holiday said. "It says a lot because they have been thinking about it and that's more than a day's worth of work. Just shows me they like me."

"He's been around the game a long time and he knows what he is doing," Holiday said of Weinke. "He knows how to develop quarterbacks really well."

During his official visit, Holiday referenced how open and honest the staff has been with him. That was still the case on Wednesday.

"School was already great, but the fact they have been honest through this process stands out," Holiday said. "I like how they develop players and the connection they have. They get you where you want to be."

And with quarterbacks like Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson all dominating at the next level, it's easy to see why Holiday fancies himself as a quarterback only.

"I like how the game is trending toward my type of game," Holiday said. "The game changing and people are having to adapt to different type of quarterbacks."

Holiday will host more coaches over the next few weeks and then work toward a decision.
"I want to find coaches that can develop you," Holiday said. "A place I can get a good education and a place where I have the chance to compete to play."
-Price

Lamar Jackson was an unheralded 3 star recruit just like this guy. This guy also has a verified 4.3 40 time. He’s a freak athlete. Can he develop as a passer to the level of Lamar? Idk, but if not, put his rear end at receiver and let Bailey hit him for 50 yard gains every game. Want.
Unheralded is a stretch. He was a 4 star on 247 and the 9th overall DT QB.

This kid is sharp; I loved EVERYTHING he had to say, and I love the way Jeremy Pruitt recruits. I get the sense this kid can sniff out BS; and, for him to connect with Pruitt on the level he's talking about...i like it a lot. I found that what he had to say is more interesting than any other recruit I've read about.

Hope this kid becomes a Vol.

VN Store

Back