• HEIGHT 6-1
  • WEIGHT 185
  • HIGH SCHOOL Madison Central
  • HOME TOWN Madison, MS
  • CLASS 2020
Jimmy Holiday, Madison Central, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Jimmy Holiday, 2020 Athlete - Rivals.com

Last edited:
Jimmy Holiday never has visited Tennessee's campus, but he now expects that to change soon. After getting a scholarship offer from the Vols on Thursday, he said he "most definitely" plans to visit them in the not-too-distant future, probably sometime this summer. The 6-foot, 185-pound Holiday said he received the offer Thursday when one of Tennessee's assistant coaches stopped at his school during one of his workouts. He announced the offer Thursday afternoon on his Twitter account, and he said he was thrilled by the news.

"I very excited about the offer because Tennessee has great history, and they produce/play dual-threat QBs," Holiday told GoVols247. "Joshua Dobbs was a good quarterback, and I know coach Tee Martin was a great QB, as well, throughout his years," he added, referring to former Vols standout quarterback who's now serving as Tennessee's wide receivers coach.

Holiday said he has yet to directly speak with the Vols' coaches about the offer, which was communicated through his coaches during Tennessee's visit to his school, and he's not sure which position the Vols are recruiting him to play. He was timed at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash last month during the New Orleans-area Nike The Opening Regional, where he also posted a 4.4-second shuttle and a 34.7-inch vertical jump.

The Vols have shown interest in Holiday at times over the past few months, and while he has yet to make the trip to Knoxville to take his first look at the program, he said he "was hoping to get offered so I can" visit them. He now holds offers from at least 10 schools, including Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Memphis, Kansas, Louisiana-Lafayette and Rice.

This is a lower rated kid that I hope we get. He ran a 4.38 40 at one of the camps (One of the Opening regional camps I think). Good size and nice film playing QB. Take him and figure position out later.
He also ran a 4.40 shuttle and has about a 35 inch vertical

Reactions: GoVolsDR

VN Store

Back