'20 MS ATH Jimmy Holiday (UT SIGNEE)

Unheralded is a stretch. He was a 4 star on 247 and the 9th overall DT QB.
3 star on the composite who went to Louisville. Meaning Fl offer probably not legit. I’d say unheralded is a fair statement for who he was coming out of high school.

Lamar’s 40 coming out of high school according to 247 was 4.79. This kid is 4.3.

My mind keeps telling me to agree with you guys that he'll be a WR.... But in the article just tweeted by Price Holiday keeps referencing QB's.... I love his speed but do we have room to take a 6th QB for a chance he might be able to develope into a WR?

My mind keeps telling me to agree with you guys that he'll be a WR.... But in the article just tweeted by Price Holiday keeps referencing QB's.... I love his speed but do we have room to take a 6th QB for a chance he might be able to develope into a WR?
When he’s a freak like this kid? Yes. Shrout probably gone. That leaves us with JG, Maurer, Bailey, and Hill who is coming off of 2 torn ACL’s. I’d rather take this kid than a grad transfer

3 star on the composite who went to Louisville. Meaning Fl offer probably not legit. I’d say unheralded is a fair statement for who he was coming out of high school.

Lamar’s 40 coming out of high school according to 247 was 4.79. This kid is 4.3.
Lamar, 4.79, 40, according to 247...and, people believe these sites when they say Kaho runs a 4.9. 🙄

When he’s a freak like this kid? Yes. Shrout probably gone. That leaves us with JG, Maurer, Bailey, and Hill who is coming off of 2 torn ACL’s. I’d rather take this kid than a grad transfer
Ok. Dumb question but aren't we committed to Hill at this point? I mean he's practicing with the team. Not being a smart azz either. Just trying to learn a little.

I know we need some good QB's on the roster but how does this work or fit with what they are telling Bailey? Discuss this amongst yourselves.

Just as the article says - staff not promising playing time. So they can give him a look at QB. Have specific packages for him. He maybe can do it. If not, then the staff can easily sell him on how they can get him into the league as a receiver. Jennings, Calloway, Palmer and likely Gibbs ought to be playing on Sundays by the time this kids a sophomore.

Just as the article says - staff not promising playing time. So they can give him a look at QB. Have specific packages for him. He maybe can do it. If not, then the staff can easily sell him on how they can get him into the league as a receiver. Jennings, Calloway, Palmer and likely Gibbs ought to be playing on Sundays by the time this kids a sophomore.

Yes. I was thinking along that same thought. Give him all the opportunities to succeed at QB and then change him to slot or WR. Was just wondering what you guys thought and wonder what Bailey thinks when he reads this stuff. I am thinking that the coaches have explained it to Bailey why and the reason behind it. I mean we do need another QB in this class and I am thinking he will RS.

I wonder if they can get this kid and if he remains at QB fine, but if he ends up at WR that's fine too and it offsets losing Calloway if he doesn't end up in this class?

How about Rb ?

Surely we're not recruiting him at QB with those passing numbers.

Someone OTS said the coaches were open to giving him a shot.

Alex Smith was very under recruited at UTAH because he was like a wishbone QB in high school. Urban Meyer got a hold of him and turned him to 1st draft pick.

Numbers don't tell everything always. He's got a live arm. Remember Blake Sims at Bama...?

Imagine Lynn Bowden at QB, but also able to be a competent passer. This is why you give this kid every opportunity to compete at QB. If it doesn't work out, he either transfers or becomes a dangerous, do it all W̶R̶ DB
FIFY ☺️

We played 4 guys at QB this fall. Shrout likely transfers. Signing two QB's, and one who can play many positions and runs a 4.4, isn't a bad idea. Athlete.
I think we hang onto Shrout because he will improve. He has great arm strength and will back-up HB. I also think we'll sign Holiday and he'll play QB and, according to opponents defense, will determine how and when we play him. Possibility exists that both HB and JH will redshirt in '20. I try my best to like JG but I don't think he's consistent yet. More times than not he has trouble with the swing pass to a RB in our backfield. It confounds me that after 5 yrs. he still has trouble throwing that particular pass for some reason.

I think we hang onto Shrout because he will improve. He has great arm strength and will back-up HB. I also think we'll sign Holiday and he'll play QB and, according to opponents defense, will determine how and when we play him. Possibility exists that both HB and JH will redshirt in '20. I try my best to like JG but I don't think he's consistent yet. More times than not he has trouble with the swing pass to a RB in our backfield. It confounds me that after 5 yrs. he still has trouble throwing that particular pass for some reason.
Yeah I think it's very likely that Shrout stays.. His girlfriend, the Shipman girl, plays a big factor..

Reactions: KBVol and volsagain

VN Store

Back