Moving past distractions

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
After Saturday, this year, we will have gotten past the initial return to Neyland of the last 2 UT coaches, both in the same year.
  • Lane returned to Neyland as the OC at Bama back in 2014,
  • Butch has come and gone from Neyland as the intern at Bama this year
  • This weekend, Dooley returns to Neyland as Mizzou's OC.
That's everyone. No former coaches to "face" for the first time again. It will be a big relief to get those distractions out of our way, and move forward full-steam ahead into the CJP era.

Big stuff is going on in Knoxville, and it's exciting! Go Vols!

Last edited:
Who sees Dooley or any of them coming in here as a "monkey on the back"? The fact none of them are HCs should nullify that.

Lane FAU......(HC) would love to schedule them for a little pay back for the cowardly way he left Knoxville.... but I understand leaving for your dream job, just the way he did it.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
And one is our Athletic director.

Lane is the only one of those that wasn't fired.

Lumping Phil Fulmer in with those 3 douchers is apples to oranges!
Only UT coach with more wins is Neyland!!
Don't think Kiff, Dools and Jones are HOF bound!!

JMO Don't Taze me Bro!!

My point was that *because* we have so many former coaches, the media want to focus attention on that, when we play them (especially the first time), so it's a distraction from focus on the progress we're making under Pruitt. It will be a relief to get it behind us.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Who sees Dooley or any of them coming in here as a "monkey on the back"? The fact none of them are HCs should nulify that.
Maybe a misnomer. More a distraction. But, it's a thing on the horizon that is in the way, and not until we pass it can we put it in the rear view mirror. That, to me, is a monkey. One less thing to worry about, or listen to the pundits trumpet all over the TV broadcast. One less negative about our program's recent history being drug out of the closet. More positives for potential recruits and fans to see going forward.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Dang, we don't have a good record vs our "ex's" do we? Lane, Butch, well maybe Dooley will be the exception since he is not riding in Sabans pocket.

Don't be shocked if Kiffin is the HC at Auburn next year. Live here deep behind enemy lines and the buzzards are circling. Also occasionally hear Jones name mentioned as HC at Maryland.

Lane FAU......(HC) would love to schedule them for a little pay back for the cowardly way he left Knoxville.... but I understand leaving for your dream job, just the way he did it.
Might want to wait till Tennessee is back to full power before we go calling LK out

After Saturday, this year, we will have gotten past the initial return to Neyland of the last 2 UT coaches, both in the same year.
  • Lane returned to Neyland as the OC at Bama back in 2014,
  • Butch has come and gone from Neyland as the intern at Bama this year
  • This weekend, Dooley returns to Neyland as Mizzou's OC.
That's everyone. No former coaches to "face" for the first time again. It will be a big relief to get those monkeys off our back, put them aside, and move forward full-steam ahead into the CJP era.

Big stuff is going on in Knoxville, and it's exciting! Go Vols!
What?

What a weird thread title

Last edited:
Don't be shocked if Kiffin is the HC at Auburn next year. Live here deep behind enemy lines and the buzzards are circling. Also occasionally hear Jones name mentioned as HC at Maryland.
Auburn is not getting rid of gus.

Last edited:
SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elsa, they're still not listening to you. Pick another song.

"Even though I try I can't let go
Something in your eyes
Captured my soul
And every night I see you in my dreams
You're all I know
I can't let go"

VN Store

Back