Moving on to the 2020 class...needs? Numbers?

Building through the trenches can mask a lot of deficiencies at other positions. Start there, grab a good QB, add some athletic LB's and DB's and, IMO, you can compete for championships with average to good talent at the other positions.

Or just sign all 5 stars.

Whichever works.

giphy.gif

You always need stellar olinemen. Always.
To compete against the elite you got to have DL and OL every year, Bama got 8 ESPN top 300 DL in this class alone think about that for a minute 8 of them in one class Saint Nick might be the greatest coach every but JOE BLOW could take a team with that talent up front to the playoff.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Anyone know if Jordan Davis is the edge rusher type of DL? If so, that's a JUCO who could come in and play right away, along with Roman Harrison, who will be a soph by then.

Yes. I think people forget that we already have him committed, maybe it's because he hasn't been ranked by anyone yet. But he would definitely fit the bill as an elite edge rusher. Former Top 100 guy who everyone wanted.

Pass rusher would be at the top I would think.
Continue to build on both lines.
Elite WR/RB
QB - Addressed with HB
LB depth
Secondary depth

Assuming we can take 25:

QB: check.
RB: 2 please
WR: 3
TE: 1 is cool, maybe 0 if there comes to be a 'best available' or no one worth the take
OL: Keep it up. Still a relative weakness and there's a relatively deep pool. 3-4
Offense: 10 or 11

DT: 3.. still need to round it out, get some good depth and be able to rotate a 2-deep late in games (and late in the season)
EDGE/DE: 3, I guess. Still need to see how our LB play is this year to see who our blitzing playmakers are moving forward
LB: Need depth, and DKJr and Bituli will be gone after this year. Get 3 minimum
CB: 2 would be fine.
S: 3
Defense: 14

Assuming we can take 25:

TE: 1 is cool, maybe 0 if there comes to be a 'best available' or no one worth the take
OL: Keep it up. Still a relative weakness and there's a relatively deep pool. 3-4

DT: 3.. still need to round it out, get some good depth and be able to rotate a 2-deep late in games (and late in the season)
EDGE/DE: 3, I guess. Still need to see how our LB play is this year to see who our blitzing playmakers are moving forward

Agree with all you just said. Really need to hit on the edge rushers.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
To compete against the elite you got to have DL and OL every year, Bama got 8 ESPN top 300 DL in this class alone think about that for a minute 8 of them in one class Saint Nick might be the greatest coach every but JOE BLOW could take a team with that talent up front to the playoff.
Butch?

Sorry. Had to.

But you are absolutely right. When you have that kind of depth, injuries are not as big of a deal. We had Shy Tuttle and everybody was on pins and needles as to whether or not he would be back. The next man up was a far cry away.

Not at Bama.

Assuming we can take 25:

Looks good

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
Size: would have to be same as this year. Maybe 23 max without blueshirts, 25 with a few blueshirts.

Needs: DT, DE, PASS RUSHERS

It is real nice to narrow our focus in recruiting rather than having the cupboards bare this next cycle.

I would say...
DL
DE
Skills players
OL
LB
CB
S

Of course, I'm assuming Bailey stays committed and signs.

VN Store

Back