Movies you've seen recently II

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood — 7/10

Stoned great individual scenes and performances. The loose narrative kills any semblance of a story though. Unlike other QT movies it didn’t have the frantic pace to lock in my interest. Caught myself looking at my phone a couple times.

But that ending... shewwww.

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood — 7/10

Stoned great individual scenes and performances. The loose narrative kills any semblance of a story though. Unlike other QT movies it didn’t have the frantic pace to lock in my interest. Caught myself looking at my phone a couple times.

But that ending... shewwww.

The ending is awesome and really makes the movie, but i think it has 4 or 5 scenes* that are just as enjoyable/rewatchable.

*Bruce Lee, Spahn Ranch, the scene with the little actress, Leo and Olyphant, and then another one that i can't describe without spoilers.

The ending is awesome and really makes the movie, but i think it has 4 or 5 scenes* that are just as enjoyable/rewatchable.

*Bruce Lee, Spahn Ranch, the scene with the little actress, Leo and Olyphant, and then another one that i can't describe without spoilers.

Agree with all that. Leo alone in the trailer was great too.

Came down with the flu so nothing to do but sit in misery. Decided to dig up some old videos to help pass the time.....

-When We Were Kings (1996)
-The Smashing Machine (2002)

High Life 7/10 trippy af space movie with Robert Pattison. I liked it but I like that kind of atmospheric weird stuff.

Jojo Rabbit 7/10 Felt like a tribute to Wes Anderson. Got a little slow in the middle but finished strong. Great casting and Sam Rockwell steals the show as always but also the kid actors were very very good. Anytime you can pull off Hitlers in a comedy its a home run.

High Life 7/10 trippy af space movie with Robert Pattison. I liked it but I like that kind of atmospheric weird stuff.

Jojo Rabbit 7/10 Felt like a tribute to Wes Anderson. Got a little slow in the middle but finished strong. Great casting and Sam Rockwell steals the show as always but also the kid actors were very very good. Anytime you can pull off Hitlers in a comedy its a home run.
Sam Rockwell preforming Taika Waititi dialogue is what dreams are made of

Reactions: bignewt
Parasite...8/10 This movie has been hyped up so much that there was no way to not be slightly disappointed. I wish I had gone in with no recommendations. It was very good and a fun story that crosses genres. It is very self-contained and the characters, acting and plot are all excellent. Shoe-in for best foreign film, may get some play for best picture actually in a fairly weak field this year. Fun screenplay as the concept and the twists were surprising and fresh with a nuts climax. Recommended of course and don't let the subtitles scare you away.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 7.5/10 - it's good, maybe a bit overhyped. But I generally enjoyed it. LC is awesome, Pitt is good but felt a little too much like he was just being Brad Pitt. And the last 20 minutes....damn.

The Greasy Strangler - Amazon. At times I wondered why I kept watching and at other times I wondered why am I not watching this all the time.

Watch the trailer - it's a good indicator of what you'll see. Mix of John Waters, Troma-films (eg. Toxic Avenger), Napoleon Dynamite etc. Love it or hate it.

I loved it

Last edited:
Reactions: bignewt
The Irishman. Scorcese/Scorcese. Oldfellas. Mean Sleeps. The Pope of Greenwich Villages of Florida. It's good but enough, Bobby.
The Rise of Skywalker. 3/10. **** you, Disney and Hollywood.
Cats. 0.24/10. Double **** you, Hollywood.
A Hidden Life. 8.15 /10. Love, resistance, and Terrence Malick making a beautiful film.
Recorder. 4.25/10. Grey Gardens with a VCR and TV obsession.
Manchester by the Sea. 9/10. Such a soul-crushing movie even the second time around.

The Irishman. Scorcese/Scorcese. Oldfellas. Mean Sleeps. The Pope of Greenwich Villages of Florida. It's good but enough, Bobby.
The Rise of Skywalker. 3/10. **** you, Disney and Hollywood.
Cats. 0.24/10. Double **** you, Hollywood.
A Hidden Life. 8.15 /10. Love, resistance, and Terrence Malick making a beautiful film.
Recorder. 4.25/10. Grey Gardens with a VCR and TV obsession.
Manchester by the Sea. 9/10. Such a soul-crushing movie even the second time around.
Gave the like for Manchester by the Sea. Thoroughly enjoyed it twice myself.

Haven't seen any of those others.

Watched some DC movie for about five minutes. As I recall, tried to watch some Michael Bay movie with dude from Waiting.

Made it 15 minutes.

Parasite...8/10 This movie has been hyped up so much that there was no way to not be slightly disappointed. I wish I had gone in with no recommendations. It was very good and a fun story that crosses genres. It is very self-contained and the characters, acting and plot are all excellent. Shoe-in for best foreign film, may get some play for best picture actually in a fairly weak field this year. Fun screenplay as the concept and the twists were surprising and fresh with a nuts climax. Recommended of course and don't let the subtitles scare you away.

I haven't seen anything on this, so I googled it and saw Bong Joon-ho is the writer/director so I'm in. He takes a couple years between everything he does, but puts out great stuff. His last 5 movies are this, Okja, Snowpiercer, Mother, and The Host. All really good to great movies. I really like (I'm guessing he's the lead in this) Kang-ho Song too. So thanks lol

Man vs Snake: The Long and Twisted Tale of Nibbler 8/10

Easy way to put it, if you liked "The King of Kong" documentary, a few of the same people in it, you will probably like this. I may actually like this a little more and I loved The King of Kong. Billy Mitchell is a semi decent person in this one. Lol

VN Store

Back