Movies you've seen recently II

Joker. 7.85/10. Joaquin Phoenix and dirty pre-Batman Gotham’s look are tremendous. But, idk. Not surprised hearing he and De Niro clashed.
First Love 8.75/10. Young love, drugs, the yakuza, slaughter, and humanity’s eternal war told in the Miike universe.
Brightburn. 6.75/10. Interesting character flip that may start an unfortunate genre.

Throwback horror
The Beast Within. 5.75/10. Still find this one weird as ****.
Rawhead Rex. 2.5/10. Scary as a kitten playing piano.
Frankenhooker. 5/10. Fun trash.
ReAnimator. 5.25/10. Jeffrey Combs was underrated imo.

And Jeffrey Combs is amazing, I just watched Beyond ReAnimator again the other day. It's ok for what it is but Combs makes it better than it should be.

Crawl 6/10 fun with gators
The Death of Dick Long 9/10 great low budget weird fun. Loved this one.
Good Boys 8/10 Funnier than I thought it would be, very well written and the kids were cast very well

Your First Love description gave me a boner

It’s familiar ground, but his passion to tell a story and “oh **** did that just happen?!” moments never disappoint.

The Big Sleep. 10/10. Bogart and Bacall.
The Lighthouse. 8.15/10. Good follow-up from the fella who did The Witch. Dafoe is a damn fine actor. Pattison may yet shake off the Kristin Stewart taint.
Countdown. 1.5/10. I was counting down the seconds until it was over.
The Addams Family. 4/10. Kids might enjoy it.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Finally got around to watching Upgrade. That film was fantastic. My only complaint is that it wasn’t long enough. Like this so much better than Deus Ex

Reactions: BadJerry20
Midway - 7/10 visually impressive, some of the acting was a tad cheesy, it had some continuity lapses and I liked the movie from 1976 a little better although this new movie gives LC Edwin Layton his proper credit.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol and MAD
Midway - 7/10 visually impressive, some of the acting was a tad cheesy, it had some continuity lapses and I liked the movie from 1976 a little better although this new movie gives LC Edwin Layton his proper credit.

The trailers make it feel like Pearl Harbor Part Deaux. Not true by you?

The Army Times was not kind to the movie

Joker. 7.85/10. Joaquin Phoenix and dirty pre-Batman Gotham’s look are tremendous. But, idk. Not surprised hearing he and De Niro clashed.
First Love 8.75/10. Young love, drugs, the yakuza, slaughter, and humanity’s eternal war told in the Miike universe.
Brightburn. 6.75/10. Interesting character flip that may start an unfortunate genre.

Throwback horror
The Beast Within. 5.75/10. Still find this one weird as ****.
Rawhead Rex. 2.5/10. Scary as a kitten playing piano.
Frankenhooker. 5/10. Fun trash.
ReAnimator. 5.25/10. Jeffrey Combs was underrated imo.
Rawhead Rex story is waaaay better than the movie. The movie is terrible but almost in a good way. The "baptism" part is pretty foul though.

VN Store

Back