Movies you've seen recently II

Remember though.. john c Reilly said in skull island, that kong was young and still growing.. that took place in the 70s..

Plus kong is fast and agile, uses weapons , doesn't have to be as big as Godzilla.
If Godzilla shows up and offers Kong a blonde chick with nice hooters, there won’t be a fight. Kong likes him some white girl.

Kong vs the T-Rexes in Peter Jackson's film is the height of all giant monster movies. That scene was so awesome. It's too bad the rest of that flick was so boring. The CGI is dated, but still.

Tone Deaf 7/10 decent horror comedy one of my fave genres. Good story and the girl from Silicon Valley stars.

Angel Has Fallen - 6/10 as predictable as the sun rising in the east but still a worthwhile escape from the late summer heat.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Angel Has Fallen - 6/10 as predictable as the sun rising in the east but still a worthwhile escape from the late summer heat.
I really enjoyed the first two. When I first saw Olympus has Fallen I said it reminded me of the 80's Chuck Norris films like The Delta Force or Missing in Action.

Looking forward to seeing this one.

3 From Hell looks like the worst possible rip off of Natural Born Killers. I liked House of a 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects, the latter a lot, but do we really need a part 3? I mean I'll watch and hate myself for it I'm sure. Cant wait to hear some ridiculous hillbilly dialogue and watch his wife try and act some more. Also Haig is really sick, actually just had a bad wreck, and isnt in the movie much so less of the best character wont help either.

Wife wanted to see Late Night. 7/10 was a pretty good little movie. Would describe it as "cute."

I've been watching some older classics lately. Ones that I'd never seen:

Mean Streets
Network
Deliverance

They all had some really memorable scenes and were compelling in certain ways, but man, filmmaking has come a long way. Some scenes just drag, the stories can be very disjointed, etc. Network's use of narration would have it laughed out of the Oscars today, but it won 4 major Oscars and was nominated for best picture and director.

VN Store

Back