Movies you've seen recently II

An Evening With Beverly Luff Lin 8/10...if you like weird, absurdist humor this will be your jam. Great cast and whoever did the costume design should get an Oscar.

Just watched the documentary about all the crazy Bill Murray sightings...its well done and ole Bill is a national treasure. 8/10

Halloween 8/10...yeah saw it last night, I'm so meta. I liked the direction they took, smart angle. It was not horror by any means but a fun, lean watch.

Bohemian Rhapsody .... 5/10

I never thought a movie about Freddie Mercury would be made because it would be impossible to find an actor who could convincingly portray him. Yet somehow, Rami Malek pulls it off. He is very good and the concert sequences are great. He captures the stage strutting perfectly. However, the fact that this movie is rated 'PG', says a lot about how in-depth the filmmakers wanted to go with Freddie's personal life. He was a flamboyant bi-sexual who was by all accounts, super-humanly promiscuous. The movie implies that... but also feels embarrassed by it. That's why it ultimately fails. Freddie was not the least bit ashamed of who he was. This story should have had all the elements of excitement, comedy, drama and tragedy but it doesn't. It's too watered down.

Halloween (2018). 5/10. As somebody else said, not really bad, but not really good either. Just kinda meh. First half was pedestrian, 2nd half was entertaining but not original enough. Would probably put it in the lower half of Halloween films.

Watching In the Line of Fire again. The interactions between Eastwood and John Malkovich are just awesome. Some of the lines are really great .
Both Clint Eastwood and Malkovich were perfect casting and played their roles terrifically. Malkovich was the perfect kind of psycho for his part. He was the exact amount of brilliance, cunning and almost scary with the way he portrayed an assasin. (Spoilers)

JM “You will have a rendezvous with death if you get too close to me.” not exactly the quote

CE “ You’ve got a rendezvous with my ass MOTHER F**ker.”

Last edited:
Reactions: BowlBrother85
Absolute Power- one of the best Eastwood movies if not the best ever in my opinion. His later movies were generally better than anything he did before 1990. Unforgiven was absolutely amazing and they got better after that.

Three Identical Strangers...6/10 truly fascinating story with lots of layers about three identical twins that were separated at birth to only be reunited 19 years later. Has some big revelations and it really dives into the nature vs nurture debate and gets a little long in the tooth but very interesting.

Monster Party. Grade A slasher horror with a splash of comedy. One of the better independent horrors I’ve seen in some time. Starts a little
SLow but finishes strong.

Three Identical Strangers...6/10 truly fascinating story with lots of layers about three identical twins that were separated at birth to only be reunited 19 years later. Has some big revelations and it really dives into the nature vs nurture debate and gets a little long in the tooth but very interesting.
"three identical twins"?

Bohemian Rhapsody .... 5/10

I never thought a movie about Freddie Mercury would be made because it would be impossible to find an actor who could convincingly portray him. Yet somehow, Rami Malek pulls it off. He is very good and the concert sequences are great. He captures the stage strutting perfectly. However, the fact that this movie is rated 'PG', says a lot about how in-depth the filmmakers wanted to go with Freddie's personal life. He was a flamboyant bi-sexual who was by all accounts, super-humanly promiscuous. The movie implies that... but also feels embarrassed by it. That's why it ultimately fails. Freddie was not the least bit ashamed of who he was. This story should have had all the elements of excitement, comedy, drama and tragedy but it doesn't. It's too watered down.

I'm not sure what you saw, but it has plenty of comedy, drama, and tragedy. The movie going audience seems to love it. Audience scores are high.

Only the "critics" seem to down on the movie.

I thought it was fantastic

Watched 22 miles and really enjoyed it. Good action and sone funny dialogue. It got slammed in the ratings but I thought it was good for an action flick

Bohemian Rhapsody was excellent. I’ve always been somewhat of a fan of Queen and I really enjoyed this movie. Freddie was one of a kind and the actor who portrayed him in this nailed it.

VN Store

Back