Movies you've seen recently II

Am I the only person that hates Sam Jackson?

I probably should for the same reason I hate Nic Cage. He's the same person just in different movie.

But kinda like Christopher Walken, I find it amusing with SJ

I probably should for the same reason I hate Nic Cage. He's the same person just in different movie.

But kinda like Christopher Walken, I find it amusing with SJ

Walken is still creepy cool, I'm just over Jacksons schtick I guess.

Am I the only person that hates Sam Jackson?

samuel-l-jackson-stare.gif

Reactions: 2 people
cat and mouse movie for the majority then boom he's dead. cop realizes he's not cut out for this new generation of stuff going on. pointless

Did you read McCarthy's novel? If so, was it before or after seeing the film? I ask because always curious how people receive film vs. literature and what their expectations are.

Central Intelligence 9.5 outta 10. Movie was funny from start to finsh. I haven't laughed so much through a movie (Besides Deadpool).

The Witch-

Gave this one a re-watch as my first viewing at the movie theater had been fairly unpleasant and completely took me out of the movie. This time, I watched it completely alone in an empty, completely dark, slightly cool house late into a dark stormy night. was the absolute perfect atmosphere for this.

this has to be one of the most solid horror films in a long time. it featured great acting (especially from the main kids), it was visually stunning, and the score was absolute spine-tingling chilling. the constant feeling of uneasiness and dread was masterful. i was creeped out and unnerved the whole way through. bonus points for the dialogue as well. as difficult it can be to follow it all, the language back in that period has such a beautiful, poetic touch to it, and I'm glad they stayed truthful to it. and I quite frankly can't rave about the atmosphere enough.

overall, many people will not love it as it will not be the kind of horror film they desire (it's definitely as much of an artsy period piece as much as it is horror), but it is such an interesting, ethereal spin on the horror genre and it was perfectly executed. 9.5/10

oh, and that goat and rabbit effing ruled. should be up for freaking oscars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I've been debating watching that for about a week, I'll definitely watch it this weekend now.

VN Store

Back