Movies you've seen recently II

Arkansas

Pretty good story I guess. A little flat in the affect part of the story but that was the style of the film.

Revisited Tree of Life and Apocalypto over the weekend, two of my favorite films. They both hold up but not for everyone that is for sure. I still dont know how Gibson recreated some of that Aztec stuff, insane and Tree of Life, man the visuals, every shot could be a photo in a gallery.

Revisited Tree of Life and Apocalypto over the weekend, two of my favorite films. They both hold up but not for everyone that is for sure. I still dont know how Gibson recreated some of that Aztec stuff, insane and Tree of Life, man the visuals, every shot could be a photo in a gallery.
I thought it was the Mayan civilization? I know they both subscribed to human sacrifices.

Apocalypto fires me up so much. The scene at the waterfall where he screams at them about being a jaguar. Fkn chills every time

Den of Thieves with Gerard Butler. 7/10
I watched the first part on a return flight from California...seemed a little overdone on Gerard Butler. Rewatched all of it when it came out on Netflix. Enjoyed it immensely.

It reminded me of heat, which is a kick azz flick.
Yeah. If anything, much more clever. Heat was an acting clinic conducted by Pacino and Deniro...then a straight on shoot em up! This had some twists and turns that you think you see coming...but you don’t.

Reactions: Behr
Heat meets Usual Suspects

Nailed it.

tenor.gif

Reactions: bignewt
Watchong Demo-2 coverage got me wanting to see something NASA related so I pulled out my Blu-ray of...

Hidden Figures (my rating - 4.5/5)

My first time finally watching and it's a fantastic film would have liked to have seen more on the technical side of rocketry but I know that wasn't the focus of the film.

Solid acting all around particularly from Taraji P. Henson & Kevin Costner.

Kirsten Dunst was almost unrecognizable as I had to to look up the films letterboxd page to confirm it was her and the scene of Jim Parsons explaining the different orbits gave off serious Sheldon Cooper vibes.

Watched True Grit the remake last weekend for the second time. I hated it the first time but thought I'd give it another shot. Didn't finish it.

Reactions: BigO95
Finally saw Ford vs Ferrari and I was disappointed. The writing wasn't great and the characters were pretty garbage. Couldn't stand Bale's personality

1917 was very good. I did not know beforehand that it was shot as a continuous scene. The tension wasn't great for sleeping afterwards, though!

Reactions: joevol33
Mostly I've been watching older feel good movies lately because the news is depressing...of the few new movies Ive seen
Ford vs Ferrari-held my attention because I didn't know the backstory
Harriet- disappointed me and honestly confused me or maybe I just didn't pay close attention
Peanut Butter Falcon was really good and different

VN Store

Back