Movies you've seen recently II

It Chapter 2: 4/10. Very disappointed. Now I know why I didn't watch this one in theaters. I appreciate that they tried to make it different from the book somewhat. And that they kinda included It's origin in this version. And I knew going in that the adult part of the tale was weaker than the kid's part. But they missed the point on so many other things.

Angel Has Fallen 6.7/10: This didn't get good Rotten ratings but I thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of action, a root for the underdog type of movie!

The Aeronauts 6/10: It was interesting seeing how the first steps in studying meteorology took place. We've made great improvements in technology and weather prediction in modern times but those guys back then were hardcore and the true pioneers of meteorology.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
6 Underground. Preposterous story but highly entertaining. Insane amounts of action
Turned on last night. After the first waay too dramatic parachute fall right off bat to first scene slowed down explosion, with random cars going about - i knew. I was out.

Remember, Michael Bay missed the point, and Pearl Harbor sucked.

Turned on last night. After the first waay too dramatic parachute fall right off bat to first scene slowed down explosion, with random cars going about - i knew. I was out.

Remember, Michael Bay missed the point, and Pearl Harbor sucked.

Bay definitely enjoys excess. Again, the movie is preposterous but there is a scene involving a pool in a high rise that is unreal.

Bay definitely enjoys excess. Again, the movie is preposterous but there is a scene involving a pool in a high rise that is unreal.
Gonna rely on your expertise. I honestly cannot stand even one minute of that ridiculousness. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Not sure why I subjected to it.

Enjoy the action genre, to a degree. Need something that's realistic. And, in this case i'm inclined to believe Rambo is more realistic than Bay's action flicks.

Angel Has Fallen 6.7/10: This didn't get good Rotten ratings but I thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of action, a root for the underdog type of

I haven't seen that one but I really enjoyed the first two. They reminded me of a lot of the 80's action films like the The Delta Force Chuck Norris films.

The Biggest Little Farm was very interesting and extremely well shot for a documentary.

Having the flu for the past several days I’ve caught up on a few in the que. most have been meh but The Furies was actually pretty good for a shutter original. Noting groundbreaking but a good ole hunt gore fest survival film

Watched The Joker the other day. I must say I was very impressed with this film. Not too many times does a film live up to the hype but this one fit the bill. My only hope is that they continue this storyline in the same manner. And keep it R rated. Easily the best film of the blockbusters that I’ve seen all year.

Knives Out 8/10 the mystery was not what I expected but the story and characters were fun.

It was great. Unfortunately I had to sit in the front row so I'd like to watch it regular style. My only complaint was Daniel Craig's accent was sketchy and unnecessary (I thought)

Watched The Joker the other day. I must say I was very impressed with this film. Not too many times does a film live up to the hype but this one fit the bill. My only hope is that they continue this storyline in the same manner. And keep it R rated. Easily the best film of the blockbusters that I’ve seen all year.

Strikes me as one of those I'll need to prepare myself for. I loved American Beauty, thought it was a masterpiece but haven't gone back to watch casually.

It was great. Unfortunately I had to sit in the front row so I'd like to watch it regular style. My only complaint was Daniel Craig's accent was sketchy and unnecessary (I thought)

It didn't really bother me, it was obvious he was having fun with it.

Reactions: JP_UT_O&W
@BadJerry20 ive been through about all my favorites with this damn flu and now I’m laid up with pneumonia. Give me a few films to watch that you’ve liked recently

I have been watching series mostly lately, haven't watched many movies. Ready or Not was fun, I really liked Terrified, Satanic Panic and Nekrotronic were decent. A few that I recently rewatched that you might not have seen that I think are pretty underrated are Splinter, The Host (Korean Film), The Voices, Noroi: The Curse, and 3...Extremes is an excellent Asian anthology with 2 of my favorite directors Park Chan-wook and Takashi Miike.

VN Store

Back