Movies you've seen recently II

Good is a relative term... I expected it to at least be in the same universe of the original Rambo movies of course. They didn't even play the Rambo theme music. This just felt like a money grab.

Rambo 1 was awesome. I can do without 2 and 3, but 4 had some insane action. I doubt I'll ever see this last one.

Reactions: Behr
Ad Astra...7.5/10 really beautiful atmosphere...I love the juxtaposition of silence and violence. The acting is subdued and I didn't really get the plot per say but it was interesting for sure.

Rambo 1 was awesome. I can do without 2 and 3, but 4 had some insane action. I doubt I'll ever see this last one.

I agree about First Blood. 2 is good just because, "No Murdock, I'm coming after you". Lol. 3 sucked. I liked the last one and like you said, the action was awesome.

I don't expect much from this last one, the trailer didn't even feel like a Rambo movie. But I will see it. I'm a sucker for crap like that.

Dr. Sleep 7/10 better than I thought it would be. The director did a decent job marrying the Kubrick with the King. Ending was kinda disappointing.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I agree about First Blood. 2 is good just because, "No Murdock, I'm coming after you". Lol. 3 sucked. I liked the last one and like you said, the action was awesome.

I don't expect much from this last one, the trailer didn't even feel like a Rambo movie. But I will see it. I'm a sucker for crap like that.
As I said, it's a cross between Taken and Home Alone. I was very disappointed.

As I said, it's a cross between Taken and Home Alone. I was very disappointed.
As I said, I'll see it. Lol.

Seriously, I'm not as critical on movies as all of you guys are. Im not disappointed too often because I don't expect too much. That's not to say I'm never disappointed tho.

I was most recently disappointed in Infinity War and Endgame.

I hope I'm not disappointed in Top Gun 2, but I probably will be because I'm not sure it can live up to my expectations. Haha.

Seriously, I'm not as critical on movies as all of you guys are. Im not disappointed too often because I don't expect too much. That's not to say I'm never disappointed tho.

I hope I'm not disappointed in Top Gun 2, but I probably will be because I'm not sure it can live up to my expectations. Haha.
LOL, I'm not telling you not to see it! I mean if you like blood and guts with knife play and bullets, it's fun in that respect. I was just let down because I'm a big fan of the character.

Reactions: Behr

End game was a snooze fest

Reactions: BadJerry20 and Behr
I thought maybe it was story fatigue when I watched it but after it was over, I thought it was a pretty bad film.

I thought maybe it was story fatigue when I watched it but after it was over, I thought it was a pretty bad film.
Because all.of the hype, I watched Infinity War twice just to see what I missed. Still didn't like it. I don't even care enough to watch Endgame again.

To be fair tho, I'm not a "fan" of the comics and know nothing about the back stories. Not a fan of the GotG characters either.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Because all.of the hype, I watched Infinity War twice just to see what I missed. Still didn't like it. I don't even care enough to watch Endgame again.

To be fair tho, I'm not a "fan" of the comics and know nothing about the back stories. Not a fan of the GotG characters either.
FWIW I thought the second GotG movie was hot garbage. I admittedly watch about anything but that movie sucked. Never finished it.

I just watched “Richard Jewell” and give it 5 out of 5 stars. Clint Eastwood hits a home rum on this. Heard some crying by the ladies in the theater when the end credits were rolling. I’m not sure how much the movie played loose with the facts but it is a great movie with 5 excellent performances including the actor who played Jewell. The FBI is not an organization you can trust and I am generally a pro-law enforcement guy.

I just watched “Richard Jewell” and give it 5 out of 5 stars. Clint Eastwood hits a home rum on this. Heard some crying by the ladies in the theater when the end credits were rolling. I’m not sure how much the movie played loose with the facts but it is a great movie with 5 excellent performances including the actor who played Jewell. The FBI is not an organization you can trust and I am generally a pro-law enforcement guy.
Anything with gov't ties isn't trustworthy

Reactions: joevol33
I saw it today too, liked it a lot. Sam Rockwell and the guy playing Jewell were really good.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I saw it today too, liked it a lot. Sam Rockwell and the guy playing Jewell were really good.
Kathy Bates, Jon Hamm and Olivia Wilde also we’re very good in the supporting roles. Rockwell, Eastwood and the Jewell actor should receive Oscar consideration IMO. Much better movie and performances than “The Irishman”.

The Irishman on Netflix is a must see for mob movie lovers. It's based on the book I Heard You Paint Houses which is a metaphor for killing people and spraying their blood on, walls, ceilings and floors. It stars Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and many others. This may be as close as you'll ever come to closing the book on Jimmy Hoffa. The Irishman is Frank Sheeran (DeNiro) who is a Hoffa (Pacino) confidant, friend, bodyguard and mobster.
Does not close the book on Hoffa and Sheehan’s admission late in his life is considered a likely fabrication by those who have studied the case.

Last edited:
Does not close the book on Hoffa and Sheehan’s admission late in his life is considered a likely fabrication who have studied the case.
Didn't say that it does. But it's probably not far from the way it went down given that Sheeran was a bodyguard and confidant of Hoffa for many years. Thus my "may be as close as you'll ever come" comment. It's true that Sheeran's account has mostly been discredited. Never go to the movies expecting the truth even it it says true story.

Reactions: bignewt

VN Store

Back