Movies you've seen recently II

The Meg (2018)
9/10

This has homages to other famous Killer Shark movies while still being it’s own Killer Shark creature feature movie.
A terrific entertaining from start to the end Science Fiction Action Giant Shark Movie.

An impressive looking Megaladon shark the main attraction , other great looking sharks, a charismatic likable main hero along with other likable good characters including a kid, drama, terrific exciting climax, great action, expected great 1 liners, and a terrific ending.

Alpha (2018)
9/10

A terrific Adventure Drama movie set in the Ice Age with a young man that bonds with a abandoned wolf, and both need to travel through the Wilderness to reach the Safe Haven before the Frigid Winter starts.
Impressive looking locations for a movie Set in the Ice Age, great looking animals including a Sabertooth Tiger, exciting drama, great action, 2 likable main characters, and a amazing ending.

AntiTrust (2001)
10/10

The Skulls Meets The Firm in this Terrific Thriller Drama movie that is Milo Hoffman the likable protagonist a Stanford Graduate gets a dream job at the Powerhouse Electronics Corporation NURV that has dirty secrets , a great Mastermind the charismatic Main Antagonist Gary Winston The NURV CEO and other great antagonists , terrific acting, great believable twists, terrific high stakes climax, exciting drama, believable characters,a entertaining terrific movie start to the end, and a wonderful ending.

Most likely set in the same year it was released because of seeing the recognizable early internet.

Love on Safari (2018)
9/10

The Song Africa by Toto would have been perfect for this movie set in the Africa Safari also South Africa filmed in that location, along with real African animals shown Elephants, Lions, etc.
If a sequel gets made that should be used. This is a Hallmark Movie except great quality so could have been released To Theaters.

Something outside the box for a Romance Drama movie because not likely this exact story has been used, set in Africa, also something different for Hallmark Star Lacey Chabert.

A great romance drama movie with a straight forward story Kira played Lacey Chabert is a Web Designer that lives in Chicago with Brad her boyfriend that does appear in the movie unexpected for her because she is told that she inherited a Wildlife Reserve in South Africa that is in financial jeopardy a main obstacle or antagonist , Tom the Head Ranger wants her to fall in love with animals, and land because the person that Kira can sell the Wildlife Reserve to doesn’t care about the animals.

A great unique entertaining romance drama movie start to the end , 3 dimensional likable main characters Kira Tom and his Sister along with supporting characters, drama, romance, believable unlikable main characters, beautiful real locations used South Africa and a Africa Safari with real Africa wild animals, believable changes, and a realistic wonderful ending.

Tom does find out that Kira has a boyfriend, and shows he’s not a jerk because he doesn’t pursue Kira, Brad undermines her since didn’t talk to her because he wanted a deal made so he and her could travel back to Chicago since he doesn’t want to remain in South Africa with valid reasons so he is a unlikable character along with being the buzzkill, the other unlikable character the Buyer that doesn’t care about the animals.and it’s believable that Tom and Kira are the new couple late in this movie.

Last edited:
Searching 8/10 They made good use of the storytelling device but I was let down by the "surprise" ending, we had it figured out about 20 minutes in.

Eighth Grade- 9/10

Anyone the wants to be sent back to the worst feelings in middle school should check it out. Seriously though it’s great

Reactions: bignewt
Searching 8/10 They made good use of the storytelling device but I was let down by the "surprise" ending, we had it figured out about 20 minutes in.
I knew the first reveal too, but the second and third were surprising to me. Pretty bad journalism if we’re being honest lol

I knew the first reveal too, but the second and third were surprising to me. Pretty bad journalism if we’re being honest lol

Yeah it was kinda obvious that a certain someone was kinda weird about it. It was kind of a "cop out" at the ending to me, its been done to death by now.

Calling bs on this as there is no way you could fig it out that close in. She wasn’t even reported as missing by then. And the key characters weren’t even introduced at that point much less who actually did it, or any clues to as such

Calling bs on this as there is no way you could figure it out that close in. She wasn’t even reported as missing by then. And the main characters weren’t even introduced that had anything to do with the crime

I'm watching searching now, it best be as good as you people say it is!

Searching 7/10

when he called the detective about going to the lake and she freaked out. I told my wife she was in on it somehow
pretty good movie

Searching 7/10

when he called the detective about going to the lake and she freaked out. I told my wife she was in on it somehow
pretty good movie
I read somewhere there may be a sequel. Didn’t see the need for one, but I’ll watch if true.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back