Most Wins As Head Coach At Tennessee

I just want to see a Final Four in my lifetime. I don't care who's coaching the team or setting personal records. An SECC would be nice sometime soon.

I guess I just have lower expectations for Basketball than football. Would be nice to win the SEC tournament. That one seems doable and our drought is UGA football level embarrassing.

He's a pretty young 64...seems age, if guys are in shape and into coaching, isn't a real issue any more. He's 5 years younger than Roy Williams...looks more than that, and Coach K 73, and Saban 68. If you'd have told me when Barnes started that we'd get more than 5, I'd have been kinda surprised...thinking he got a "coast to retirement" deal...but he's clearly got the energy and things going in the direction to keep after it, and if he passes Mears, he'll have put us into a longer term upper tier bball school for "the next guy".
Great post.
I'm pretty intolerant of mediocrity, but this is silly. If he is averaging 20 wins or better and beating Kentucky once a year, he can stay as long as he wants. We will mourn his March failures but enjoy the heck out of December- February.
Every program in the country has March failures, except for one.

I was actually referring to 2011 when they won out in the Big East and then the NCAAT.

That team won their last 11.

It's pretty difficult for a team to win the NCAAT and exactly their last 7 games. They pretty much would need to win an NCAAT First Four game or not have a conference tournament.

VN Store

Back