Most Underachieving Team in Tennessee History

DocVol

Should’ve won the SEC regular season championship. But didn’t.

Should’ve won the SEC tournament. But didn’t.

Should’ve been a final four team. But isn’t.

Likable or not, and we can all agree that they are, when it comes to production this team has to be the most underachieving and disappointing team in Tennessee basketball history.

Change my mind.

Likable or not, and we can all agree that they are, when it comes to production this team has to be the most underachieving and disappointing team in Tennessee basketball history.

Change my mind.

Can't argue it.

Change my mind.
It's not worth the effort to try to change your mind, but I will ask you one question. Is it just the least bit possible that this team actually overachieved considering there is not a single top 100 player on the roster?

Jerry’s teams were a run and gun before that was even a thing. It worked out for them. But nowhere near the expectations of this team. By its fans and nationally. Still with nothing to show for it.
That was arguably one of the most talented teams in TN history.

Jerry couldnt coach. That team was built for a Final Four run.

No, the Butch Jones teams that couldn’t manage an SEC East title with Dobbs, Kamara, Sutton, etc. on the roster holds that title. We just didn’t realize how much of a failure that season was at the time.

But, yeah, this year’s basketball team could (should) have achieved so much more than they did. But a Sweet 16 is not bad. It’ll be a bit less so when we see Auburn and UK go farther than us. Still, a fun season.

Reactions: DonjoVol
I remember that ‘08 team letting me down. Got kilt in the Sweet 16.

Reactions: Honky

VN Store

Back