Most Satisfying Win 2019

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
What was the most satisfying win for you in 2019 and why?

For me it was the Vandy win. I sat in Vandy stadium in 2018 and watched the Vandy faithful dancing in the isles as they were laying the beatdown on my Vols in the 4th quarter. That game was a low point for me (lowest until GA ST) and I hoped that Pruitt and staff would get it turned around in 2019. Well we all know how 2019 turned out. At 1-4 I was terribly worried about our Vols but they turned it around and made me proud to be a Vol fan. The Vandy win in 2019 was one more marker that we will once again be a power in the conference. Yes the USC jr, Mizzou, KY and Miss St wins were good, but never in the recent history of the Vandy/UT series had we lost so many games to them as we had in the last 5 years (prior to 2019).

In 2020 we may wind up being third in the SEC east again but that is a far cry from where we have been in the last 10 years. At least some respect and maybe some fear will be seen in the eyes of the opponent in 2020 and beyond.

Edit: Second for me was Mizzou because they have owned the series since entering the SEC. Third was USC jr because Muschimp is a jerk.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Week by week, each win was satisfying because each win continued to build our resume. MSt was big because it got us started with SEC wins, though an ugly game. USC was big because it kept momentum going and broke the Muschamp win streak. Kentucky was big because it kept us moving towards bowl eligibility. Miz and Vandy were big because they'd both had their way with us recently, and Miz made us bowl eligible... I felt like we'd beat Vandy because they were just bad, so I'm going with USC and MIZ as a tie for most satisfying because they'd beaten us too much recently... probably USC as top one because I can't stand them, and at the end of the day, I STILL don't consider MIZ as SEC traditional rival.

South Carolina because Muschamp's dominance of the Vols was getting old.

Yeah, we had to win that one, because we'd never done it and these streaks have a way of taking on a life of their own. There's really no earthly reason why Muschamp should have a streak over us anyway. So it felt like we re-established some sanity to the world with that win.

The bowl win was also important, because Pruitt proved he can coach us to a postseason victory.

Reactions: stephp4ut
Kentucky, only because my boss is a UK fan and getting to see the look on his face the following Monday when I walked in wearing my orange victory shirt... I was classy though. All is said was " good game, I told you UK sucked, and always will. Hang in there big guy BBall season is almost here. "

Reactions: Bret178 and Yanks24
Kicking the shi$ out of the Big 10...one point win... Let's put this in perspective; Ohio State beat Indiana by 40 points, on Indiana's home field.

The television folks asked us to keep it entertaining..........

By chance, are you the negative clown who sat next to me and left with 10 minutes remaining on the clock?

VN Store

Back