Most Overachieving Vol Team ever...

How many banners are we gonna have this year?
If you didn’t enjoy this season, you’re not gonna find much joy as a Vol fan. This was about as good as it gets. Not saying we can’t do better, but we are and very much remain in the national conversation. Team wins over 30 games and you are complaining on them? Good luck on finding many more 30+ win seasons.

I'm also different than a lot of people on here tonight. I am mostly thinking about the positives, and my hopes for the future of the progam. Sure, we got the bad end of the breaks at the end of the game, but I can think of a game or two that the breaks went our way.

I truly enjoyed the Ernie Bernie years, and the Pearl/Lofton teams, but this team has to be right up there we the very best of them.

Yes, we got a couple of bad breaks but I bet that at some point in the season, we got good breaks also

We don’t usually focus on the good breaks though
We focus on LSU & Purdue calls

I want us to continue success and be in good shape to hire a good replacement for Barnes in 5 or 6 years when he retires
Program should be in good shape when he retires

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
No one is underestimating what they did but What we are saying is they basically blew 2 championships and a elite 8 appearance. So they under achieved. 1 month as the #1 team and ur trying to rationalize their failures to make yourself feel better

Reactions: b-ball fan
Hear me out....

Put red Yale Jerseys on that team. Yes thats right some of these guys would be playing for Yale like teams 3 or 4 years ago as recruited.

They got better... stonger, faster, better shooters. They gave their all for VolNation. If Murray State or Colgate or Yale or some of these other teams had done what this team did 31-6 (4 of those loses either one bucket or OT loses) to some of the best teams in the country. The nation would say dang those guys can play! Not call them underachievers! Have you lost your minds.
They assemble couple of the best seasons UT has ever had including several weeks at number one.
It was a brutal and disappointing loss! There were a dozen or more calls, bounces etc.... that could’ve changed this game and couple of others this year. But do not take away all the positives this team through sweat and tears and lifting repitions gave to Volnation!

The reason they are loved and respected is they laid it all on the line in preparations and games for UT.

I for one say thanks for the memories and my favorite season in 50 years of watching great Vols play! Your effort, dedication and class inspire me to be better in what I do. That is not easy to achieve. You achieved it!

This team was pre-season #6 in both polls so this team was expected to be good. If you're basing this on the start of last season and looking at it from a 2-year perspective, then maybe so. But to say the '18-'19 Vols over-achieved, I don't think so. From the opening tip-off, fans were talking Final Four...and they could've been there.

The problem in a tournament like this where 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4. 1-2-3-5, 1-2-3-12 made the Sweet 16, anything can and did happen. Did the season end in disappointment? Yes. Was the season a failure? No.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back