Most inappropriate reply to a compliment ever

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
Sadly, this is a true story:

I'm playing in a golf tournament and I was fortunate enough to get a hold of one on the long drive hole and I won the prize for longest drive. When I got to the clubhouse, my father's secretary was there and she said to me, "Congratulations. I just heard your good news. Are you excited?"

This would have been a really good time to realize that she was congratulating me on the news that my wife was pregnant. Unfortunately, my ego told me that she had to be talking about my long drive - which is why I replied, "I'm just as surprised as anybody. I just got up there and hit it as hard as I could."

She hasn't spoken to me since.

:dlol: :dlol:

Now that you know, why don't you explain what happened?

Originally posted by rwemyss@Nov 11, 2004 8:30 AM
:dlol: :dlol:

Now that you know, why don't you explain what happened?

I have, I have. The last part was a slight embellishment. She will speak to me, but she always snickers when she says hello.

could have been worse... could have said "...I just got up there and let the big dog eat." or "just gripped it and ripped it."

That's hilarious GAVol!! :lol:

You might have tried some Johnny Majorisms such as:

I busted a gut, laid my ears back, bowed my neck, hit it a lick and put a helmet on it :p

Ah, golf. Where some days the hole seems so big, and others, you can't hardly find it.

VN Store

Back