Most Improved?

Indianavfl

What player needs to make the most improvement over last year for us to win 10 games in 2022?

Here are my 5:

1. Hyatt
2. Baron
3. Young
4. Flowers
5. Burrell

Hyatt to replace Jones and Payton’s production

Baron and Young because we have to get more pressure on qb to get off the field

I guess I could put the whole secondary there.

What player needs to make the most improvement over last year for us to win 10 games in 2022?

Here are my 5:

1. Hyatt
2. Baron
3. Young
4. Flowers
5. Burrell

Most improved will be Hyatt, period.

However, between Tillman, Hyatt, Calloway, and SURPRISE!!!! - Fant, Mike Leach will salivate with envy at the Vols Air Force air raid offense.
These guys are going to give a whole new meaning to the phrase:
1656421058512.png

Here are my 5:

1. Hyatt
2. Baron
3. Young
4. Flowers
5. Burrell

Callaway belongs on that list too.

Hyatt and Barron.
Hyatt needs to emerge as that deep threat we all saw he could be as a freshman in 2020- or look out Kayleb Webb!

Young was one of the more effective pass rushers in the conference - individually.
There wasn't enough smoke from Barron or Harrison tho. All 3 guys need to represent so Pearce and Josephs can learn.

Hadden and Williams will be our CBs i think

I know this isn't the proper thread for this, but here it is. My wife and I are up in Post Falls getting Her knee replacement surgery. I'm in the waiting room in my "Powered By The T" t-shirt and checkerboard socks, and a gentleman sat down next to me and asked if I went to school there. I told Him that I attended APSU, and the University of Memphis, but I'm from Clarksville. He told me that He was a freshman wr on the WSU team that played UT in 94, and he's here getting his third acl surgery. We talked for a bit, and He told me how much he loved that area, and that during his playing days, that playing in Knoxville and playing in The Big House were his two fondest memories of his playing days. I wished Him the best. As I exited the waiting room, I received a "GO VOLS" from a young lady on Her way in. Don't let anyone tell you that Tennessee and Volnation aren't special. No matter where my life takes me, Tennessee will always be my home and in my heart. GB🍊

Last edited:
Our defense did have the misfortune of playing a lot of good to elite offensive units. In no particular order here they are, Ole Miss, Purdue, Bama, Georgia, Kentucky, Pittsburgh. Almost half of our games last were against very good offensive units. That ain’t easy. I’m not saying they did an acceptable job, but I am saying that there’s a possibility we see improvement because we probably won’t have to face as many elite units

Most improved will be Hyatt, period.

However, between Tillman, Hyatt, Calloway, and SURPRISE!!!! - Fant, Mike Leach will salivate with envy at the Vols Air Force air raid offense.
These guys are going to give a whole new meaning to the phrase:
View attachment 467902
Can't really put him on the most improved list since he wasn't here last year but Bru McCoy will have a much bigger impact than some of those you listed.

We will go as far as Banks takes us. If he can be Al Wilson, and lead the defense, we can win nine.

If he has a bad season, we win 6-7 with minimal defense.

Reactions: Indianavfl
The Team as a whole needs to get stronger and faster. As a Team and I’m not putting no one player on the spot. They workout together they hangout together and they compete against one another together. They’ll get better each and every year with continuity from the coaches. But they needed a full deck for just the competition stand point.🔶 ✔️ Pushing who ever is gonna be the STARTER and DEPTH ! That’s gonna be a huge difference between year one to year two ! Best man up and depth will bring the next man up !

Reactions: livefaith
Id agree with Baron and Young. We HAVE to have some disruption from our Dline or it's going to be shootouts every weekend.

This is the crux of our season IMO. We have the O firepower to make a good run. The Q is, can our defense #1 pressure QBs, get pressure on pure pass downs, cover long enough for pressure to work. If we can get our defense off the field regularly we have a chance to be special. If it's a rerun of 2021, then it'll be a disappointing season.

Our pass defense at level 2 & 3 is good enough imo. But, because we have no solid pass rush or disruption, they get carved up. I hope we have some vets stepping up and some news that shock us in the front 5.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Can't really put him on the most improved list since he wasn't here last year but Bru McCoy will have a much bigger impact than some of those you listed.

Jalin Hyatt is a returning WR, McCoy wasn't here last year. Maybe you got Jalin mixed up with his brother, who might become a recruit down the road.

Here are my 5:

1. Hyatt
2. Baron
3. Young
4. Flowers
5. Burrell

Good list. Though he didn’t play for us last year, think the wr from usc can have serious impact for us.

Reactions: Indianavfl

VN Store

Back