Most Famous UT grads / alumni

PhoenixAZVol

Just curious who some of the most well know UT grads are. Obviously Peyton, and many of our athletes but who else outside of sports? David Keith? Does he count? The founder / CEO of Garmin? Lisa Booth- Fox News commentator is starting to make a name for herself. Do the Haslams (sp?) count? Several female actresses I think? Can’t remember their names. Help me out all you trivia buffs. Who are some of the well known names that went to UT or are at least from Knoxville ((Chesney?) or surrounding area.

Politicians: Sen. Howard Baker, Sen. Estes Kefauver, Gov. Ray Blanton, Rep. John Duncan .Mayor Richard Fulton(Nashville)
Actress: Sharon Wyatt from General Hospital
Film Director: Clarence Brown

His Excellency Ali Abu al-Ragheb
33rd Prime Minister of Jordan

More recently, Allen West

Dixie Carter

Charlie Ergen

OK, not so 'famous', but a guy named John Cullum who played a character named Holling Vincour on Northern Exposure in the early 90s. He won the SEC doubles tennis championship in 1951 with Bill Davis. My wife and I have been re-watching Northern Exposure while we are sequestered, and were looking up some of the actors. I thought that was pretty cool. GBO

What about Johnny Knoxville (not a fan btw). He grew up in Knoxville but I don’t think he went to UT. I’ll read his Wikipedia now to check.

VN Store

Back