Most DISLIKED college football player ?

Doberman

Probably a legal hit in that day. Would get you ejected from the game today. Good hard hits, body to body, yup, part of the game. Separating the man from ball is important in football. But making sure players don't get spinal injuries from unprotected hits to their body...also important imo. You can make football tackles without concentrating all the force of your body in the crown of the helmet against a guy who can't even see you coming. The sport of football has a vested interest in not having that be a legal part of the game.
I wish no one to get injured. However, after watching football for 40 + years, on QB sacks specifically .... way more QB's are hurt from being driven into the ground than blindside hits to the back.

I4Vols

Chris’s Simms had narrowed his choices to Penn State and Tennessee before giving the Volunteers a verbal commitment on Dec. 15, 1998.
At a news conference at his high school that day, he said, 'I'm proud to be a Volunteer. It's a good place for me. I'm a big fan of coach (Phillip) Fulmer. I'm 100 percent sure (about Tennessee). I gave them my word.'

Jan. 26, 1999-- Chris Simms, considered the best high school quarterback in the country has changed his mind about his choice of colleges. After making a verbal commitment to national champion Tennessee, Simms said late Monday that he will go to Texas instead.

And this my friends was where the downfall of Tennessee football started.
Well, I would have cast a vote for Woodson, but he wasn't the issue. Even back then it was the media.
So you got it right... Simms was a POS then and he still is as far as I'm concerned.
I give you my word on that.

RTE

easy now.......................Prime Time. Can't hate the GOAT.

We are basing our choices on observations of 19 or 20 year olds who were full of themselves at that time. They were excellent players, who more often than not, backed-up their smack with a play or plays that thrust a dagger into our team's chances...and we'll resent them for eternity! Deion these days seems like good guy, but there's that memory of the strutting showboating FSU DB!

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay!!!!
We are basing our choices on observations of 19 or 20 year olds who were full of themselves at that time. They were excellent players, who more often than not, backed-up their smack with a play or plays that thrust a dagger into our team's chances...and we'll resent them for eternity! Deion these days seems like good guy, but there's that memory of the strutting showboating FSU DB!
I know. Deion was just one of my favorites. I totally understand why some/many didn’t like him.

I chose Danny Wuerfful, and he’s a great guy, because he was so freaking good

orangepridenation

Is Tewbow still a virgin ?
I've gotta say, I never cared much for Tebow. In fact, I flat out didn't like him (and I'm not religious so the holy pithfork mob please don't @ me with some pious nonsense).

But, if he really did save himself for marriage, as a heterosexual male, and a star quarterback for a 2x national title team, I've got some mad respect for the dude. That takes some serious restraint.

BigOrangeAl 1979

I've gotta say, I never cared much for Tebow. In fact, I flat out didn't like him (and I'm not religious so the holy pithfork mob please don't @ me with some pious nonsense).

But, if he really did save himself for marriage, as a heterosexual male, and a star quarterback for a 2x national title team, I've got some mad respect for the dude. That takes some serious restraint.
Yea me too he could’ve nailed some very nice tail especially at Florida

volinthenorth

I wish no one to get injured. However, after watching football for 40 + years, on QB sacks specifically .... way more QB's are hurt from being driven into the ground than blindside hits to the back.
I hear you. I'm sure you wouldn't wish anyone to get hurt. I think for me, it's less about the blindside and more the use of that helmet to concentrate so much force against the opposing player. It's not really necessary to the game to do that because you could easily blindside him with your shoulder pads and bring him to the ground that way, or maybe strip the ball. It's that helmet smashing into the opponent's body that seems like a good thing to take out of football. It will preserve our beloved game of surrogate warfare, with all its violence and glory, if we can get rid of a few things like that which are unnecessary. GBO!

kckempf

Tim Tebow. #1 in sanctimony, won a Heisman in a season where he lost 4 games, couldn’t read a cover 0. And you couldn’t escape hearing about him even if you weren’t watching college football (though of course I was).

Jxn Vol

For the last several years I have despised JG #2. His terrible play didn’t put us in the grave. But he did throw plenty of dirt in the hole.

VN Store

Sponsors