Most annoying

Who is the most annoying personality in sports?

• Dick Vitale

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Jim Nantz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Finebaum

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Lee Corso

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Chris Fowler

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Write in

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Stephen A Smith

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Keith Olberman

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
For me, Stephen A. Smith.
Write him in. I didn;t think about him because whenever I see his racist ass I change the channel. Perhaps I should have included Jamele Hill as well.

ooooh. I can edit the poll. Done for you.

Regardless, Dick Vitale is the worst. His voice is just shy of Trump on the garbage scale.

Stephen A by far IMO. Dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about half the time. Especially the NFL (which is 100% of the time)

The most annoying one to me is probably Bomani Jones. I don't even know where to begin with him...he has this combination of smugness/condescension, trying to find a racial or political angle in everything, and an overly cynical, I'm too cool for school attitude that makes it appear if he doesn't even like the sports he is covering. A lot like Deadspin, I guess. Those people seem like some of the most miserable people on Earth.

The 64 Most Annoying People In Sports Media: Jemele Hill Region

Stephen A by far IMO. Dude doesn’t know what he’s talking about half the time. Especially the NFL (which is 100% of the time)
The thing I don't get with Stephen A, and it could be because I'm out of touch, is who actually listens to him? I don't mean just who sees him on TV...I mean who actually looks to him as a source of serious, knowledgeable thoughts about sports?

Stephen A and Bayless have frontline shows on their respective networks and lots of airtime, but I don't know of any sports fan, anywhere, that would say, in a serious way, that they wondered what Stephen A thought about it. Who is watching him?

The thing I don't get with Stephen A, and it could be because I'm out of touch, is who actually listens to him? I don't mean just who sees him on TV...I mean who actually looks to him as a source of serious, knowledgeable thoughts about sports?

Stephen A and Bayless have frontline shows on their respective networks and lots of airtime, but I don't know of any sports fan, anywhere, that would say, in a serious way, that they wondered what Stephen A thought about it. Who is watching him?
I have no idea. Obviously people do or they wouldn’t be on.

I like Bomani as well since he doesn't just parrot the easy talking points (Dan L as well for this reason). His radio show is/was pretty good when I last listened to it. I think he just does TV now, though.

I would not miss Stephen A.

Something for everyone, I guess.

I like Bomani too, but I only know him from ATH. I don't watch more than a few clips here and there, so he hasn't had a chance to get old.

I’ve always found Skip Bayless to be the most cringey

If it’s play by play i’ll add Joe Buck

Anybody whose whole thing is to provoke or rant is on my **** list. Bayless, Cowherd, SAS...they're hardly ever thoughtful, it just seems like an act.

I voted Dick Vitale mostly due to hearing him a lot lately but would like to add Todd Blackledge and Gary Danielson. Both annoy the holy heck out of me.

Especially Danielson and his constant love affair with the effin Gators and Tim Tebow. He can't go an entire game without mentioning them.

I'm not sure how Vitale's analysis was 30 years ago, before my time, but after listening to him call a couple games this year I know that if he couldn't say puns or one-liners, he'd have nothing to say.

SAS, DV, and KO

Can only select 3. Wish I could add Jared Stillman from 102.5in Nashville. Talk about a douche canoe.......

Bayless, Cowherd and Nick Wright. How are NONE of them on the list?

Who has anything against Jim Nantz?

VN Store

Back