More than traffic trouble for Campbell

Fulmer may have found the key to disciline..hit'm in thier pocketbook and make them work at a menial job. That may remind them of what they face if they don't make it to the NFL or get a college education, which they won't get if they get kicked off the team.

What is it with this Brooks kid? Why don't CPF cut him lose he is doing nothing but bringing a bad name to UT Football. I don't see why CPF has kept him around this long. He has put up with more junk from Brooks than he has any other player that's been in trouble lately. Scheafer gets in one fight and skips a couple of classes and Fulmer boots him. Brooks gets into 2 or 3 fights, driving on a suspended license and now this crap. Why isn't Brooks recieving the same treatment as everyone else.

Originally posted by vols3131@Jun 23, 2005 9:50 AM
  Why isn't Brooks recieving the same treatment as everyone else.
[snapback]106768[/snapback]​

Good question.

I for one wish they would NOT make public what these kids get into. Sure if they screw up they should be suspended or w/e. But making a big public deal out of it is just sad to me. I know all arrests are public knowledge but I would like to see the board just stop bringing up the negative with UT football. EVERY team has its troubles, why can't we focus on the positives? F

Why can't we as UT fans try to look at the positives of our team and program? WHY does everyone feel the need to make a BIG show out of every little thing these kids do? I know what Cory did was wrong and he will pay the price for it...why can't it be left at that...NO some feel the need to post multiple messages about a kids mistake. I wish UT was able to just keep ALL details out of the media so people would leave these kids alone. Make a mistake yes..you get suspended or w/e is needed...but to drag a kids name through the mud over and over is just worthless to me. People try to look to the positives of a great upcoming year. Tennessee football wouldnt get half the shi* talked about it if the people who "claim" to be fans...would just LEAVE IT ALONE!

Go Vols

Well, it's simple---not every UT fan believes as you do. People are allowed to have different opinions as to how a man-college athlete should behave.

Traits like maturity, responsibility, consideration of others and answering for your actions are not new concepts.

Technically, they represent UT just as any coach or state school employee. The scholarship money is not chump change. There are a lot of men and women who would jump at the chance to play college sports.

I for one would love nothing more than to never post about a UT player being in trouble again. The problem is not people who "claim" to be fans or posters who bring these things up, but that time and time again a player is getting into trouble. "Leaving it alone" is not going to change the fact that for some reason some of these players cannot keep thier noses clean, and that hurts the team. Being suspended hurts the team, having to worry about court dates rather than football hurts the team, and setting poor examples hurts the team! These players have been given a great opportunity to play in the SEC and get an education....a lot of them would not have the chance if it werent for football scholarships, and they need to hold themselves to a higher standard. Luckily the majority of our players are good citizens and stay out of trouble, and if the rest would follow thier lead this team would be a lot better off. To insinuate that people are not real fans because they post about the off the field problems going on is ridiculous.

Id about say, that will be the end of brooks?
We or most agree he's caused more trouble and distractions than about anyone we have ever had at UT. Him having to pay his way thru summer classes IMO was a by by :wavey:

Originally posted by holdemvol@Jun 23, 2005 1:33 PM
I for one would love nothing more than to never post about a UT player being in trouble again.  The problem is not people who "claim" to be fans or posters who bring these things up, but that time and time again a player is getting into trouble.  "Leaving it alone" is not going to change the fact that for some reason some of these players cannot keep thier noses clean, and that hurts the team.  Being suspended hurts the team, having to worry about court dates rather than football hurts the team, and setting poor examples hurts the team!  These players have been given a great opportunity to play in the SEC and get an education....a lot of them would not have the chance if it werent for football scholarships, and they need to hold themselves to a higher standard.  Luckily the majority of our players are good citizens and stay out of trouble, and if the rest would follow thier lead this team would be a lot better off.  To insinuate that people are not real fans because they post about the off the field problems going on is ridiculous.
[snapback]106861[/snapback]​

Now why couldn't I have said it like that?

Originally posted by UTVolsFan28@Jun 23, 2005 11:36 AM
but to drag a kids name through the mud over and over is just worthless to me.
[snapback]106801[/snapback]​

But to brag on their excellent football skill is okay, right? Well, I for one think character is more important than talent. Who cares if a kid scores 100+ points if his butt is hauled to jail every weekend? I know that's an exaggeration, but it's getting to the point of ridiculous how some fans are willing to overlook ANYTHING to have a national championship team.

Now THAT's what's worthless.

VN Store

Back