More QB Roster turnover

That’s one of the points I tried to make in my original post. If Shrout leaves because he’s the low man now and again next year, we will have a true freshman and two guys with some injury issues.

The Gumps were getting uncomfortable. That late hit by a freshman LB on Maurer went just as they planned it to occur. iI he had targeted and got caught, frosh LB out, no major loss, but he simply made the late hit instead.
I’ve been adamant about the ‘Bama refs’ but welcome back to the SEC, anyone that gets close has been on the receiving end of these calls for years. Cost UGA a NC and the SECCG last year. They didn’t get called for a single hold ALL of last year, let that sink in.

But, not sure what you’re referencing here, Trey Smith is the one who gave Maurer the concussion and as far as ‘only a fresh’ at LB, that’s all they have, seriously. True freshman starting and they have zero depth at LB. Losing any LB would have crippled them.

I know he was shoved down. But that wasnt what caused the injury. It was our offensive lineman while engaged blocking his knee hit Maurer in the head. Wasnt like it was a vicious blow to the head with intent to injure. It was just a fluke play. Damn quit looking for reasons for everything. It wasnt a dirty play. Our guys hit QBs late all the time and get away with it. It's part of the game that needs cleaned up.

At this point, you're just choosing to argue. BM didn't fall down backwards by himself. It's clear that the two handed shove is what knocked him down resulting in him hitting his head when he fell. No shove, no fall, no hit head. If you can't get that, then there's nothing else to say.

Reactions: Sara Clark
So you are saying the third string qb at Tennessee will be the story of the sec next year? No way he play ahead of Maurer or Bailey next season.

He’s not the any string QB dumbass. He had to sit this year because of transferring. If he were Cam Newton he wouldn’t be playing.

I think UT has a HS commit from Marietta GA who I believe is very highly rated. Not sure when he is supposed to be in Knoxville though.

Absolutely not. I think it was targeting and at best a late hit. I think that LB was out there for one reason and that was it. It was a cheap shot and dirty play. Saban is no idiot and I think he seen enough that he knew Maurer was going dismantle them all day long if he didn’t do something about it.

Trying to look at it objectively, I think the correct call on the play would be roughing the passer but not targeting. Was it intentional? IMO, hell yes! Did the Bammer coaches tell him to do it? Maybe not directly but could have been implied along the lines of "this guy is not 100% healthy, rough him up."

Reactions: 1vol8
He’s not the any string QB dumbass. He had to sit this year because of transferring. If he were Cam Newton he wouldn’t be playing.

Lol. He will be the third string qb next year is what I was implying “dumbass”...

Reactions: sonofUT62
At this point, you're just choosing to argue. BM didn't fall down backwards by himself. It's clear that the two handed shove is what knocked him down resulting in him hitting his head when he fell. No shove, no fall, no hit head. If you can't get that, then there's nothing else to say.
Arguing? NO. Validating my point? YES. The hit on BM was legal. The hit by our lineman was bad luck.

The Gumps were getting uncomfortable. That late hit by a freshman LB on Maurer went just as they planned it to occur. iI he had targeted and got caught, frosh LB out, no major loss, but he simply made the late hit instead.
I won’t argue that it wasn’t a bit late or unnecessary roughness, but the player is a starting LB, one of 4 or 5 true Fr starting on bama’s D.

I think UT has a HS commit from Marietta GA who I believe is very highly rated. Not sure when he is supposed to be in Knoxville though.
Never. He’ll grad transfer before he enrolls...cuz Maurer.
- Little prolly

Never. He’ll grad transfer before he enrolls...cuz Maurer.
- Little prolly[/QU
I watched a local news segment on him here recently. I work in Alpharetta, between Atlanta and Athens. He talked about being ready to help rebuild UT and to follow in Peyton Manning's footsteps. Seemed like he was very strong in his commitment.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back