More impressive season than realized

I had very realistic expectations, and one win over those expectations doesn't mean jack in the long run. How many times has one of our last three coaches put together a winning season and then how many of those coaches were our long term answer? That's right we've seen this from all three of our last hires and at each time some of the overly optimistic crowd have started acting like we are without a shadow of a doubt on our way back to relevancy. Fool me once....fool me four times...
How many of the previous coaches put together a winning record in their first year, was competitive in almost all of our games and did it with a completely depleted team? That's right, none of them. But I get that you aren't able to look at the whole picture and truly evaluate a good performance by the coaches which just proves your lack of football IQ. And, by the way, here are the records of the last 3 coaches in their first year. But don't let these facts get in the way of your incorrect opinion.
Jeremy Pruitt: 5-7
Butch Jones: 5-7
Derek Dooley: 6-7

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
I had very realistic expectations, and one win over those expectations doesn't mean jack in the long run. How many times has one of our last three coaches put together a winning season and then how many of those coaches were our long term answer? That's right we've seen this from all three of our last hires and at each time some of the overly optimistic crowd have started acting like we are without a shadow of a doubt on our way back to relevancy. Fool me once....fool me four times...
Then what you should do is find a new team. I promise nobody will miss you. Bye, Felicia!

Before I get too optimistic, we need to show something other than completely crapping the bed against Florida. If history holds, whoever UF hires will struggle in the first few games next year . . . and then we’ll help him get right on track by falling apart and letting them beat us by 30+ points.

All the Dan Mullen jokes are sad because that guy took us to the woodshed every time we played against him.

That loss against Pitt and the UF beat down are tempering my optimism right now. I really like a lot of what I’ve seen, but those two games give me pause. Despite their record, Pitt is not impressive. They are atop a really, really weak ACC - and they lost to a directional Michigan college. We should have stomped them by two TDs but couldn’t figure out who the best QB was on our roster. And our performance (or lack thereof) against Florida was, as usual, pathetic. The UF brain lock continues to be a consistent failure.

Coach Heupel is a marked improvement over anything we’ve had on the sidelines in a long, long time, but he still has a lot to prove.

VN Store

Back