Gun control debate (merged)

I am very strong second amendment. I am becoming open to raising the age to buy a weapon at age 21. Just like being old enough to buy cigarettes and beer. I also advocate for raising the voting age to 21. And for people who advocate for kids changing their bodies when such a young age. Raise that to 21 as well. If 21 seems to be the age where people are mature enough to make adult decisions

I am very strong second amendment. I am becoming open to raising the age to buy a weapon at age 21. Just like being old enough to buy cigarettes and beer. I also advocate for raising the voting age to 21. And for people who advocate for kids changing their bodies when such a young age. Raise that to 21 as well. If 21 seems to be the age where people are mature enough to make adult decisions
I can dig it as long as it's for everything. Draft and military service as well.

Banning Assault Rifles

Herschel Walker just gave a rambling speech, with a line about "taking your rights away." I always supported Second Amendment, and I still do. I know all of the arguments for it, and I've made them in the past. I still think everything I said was reasonable and right, except for one thing. When it got a lot of children killed, it stopped being right.

So don't talk to me about taking away your rights or "the security of a free state." High capacity, semi-automatic, high powered rifles on the market do not make us more secure. Obviously, they make us less secure. If you do not believe me, ask parents of those dead children. Ask the children who survived. Ask any sensible person. Do I think police should knock on your door and take away your rifle? No, and I want to quash talk of any proposed legislation to that effect, as quickly as possible. I believe that owning high capacity magazines, i.e. over seventeen, should be illegal. But I do not think that possession of the rifles themselves should become a crime. We need to stop people who want to commit mass murder from walking out of a gun store with one of those guns, and the only way to do that is to ban their manufacture and sale. That is what I support doing.

Look-it, I've owned a few semi-automatic long guns. I enjoyed shooting them and learning about them. I used to carry an M-16 rifle as a soldier and thought I had the right to own a high powered, semi-auto rifle if I wanted as a civilian. No, I don't. I have no right to weapons of war when they are the guns of choice to commit mass murders one after the other. Will the murders continue after people are no longer able to walk out of guns stores with assault rifles? Yes, but the murders will not be nearly as bad, and police will be able to respond more quickly and effectively.

I want gun owners to understand that banning the sale of assault rifles is not the end of their gun rights, not the end of our country, and not the end of the world. I imposed a self-ban, and I'm doing just fine. I do not need one, and neither do you. I do not want one, and I don't think you should.

Last edited:
Look-it, I've owned a few semi-automatic long guns. I enjoyed shooting them and learning about them. I used to carry an M-16 rifle as a soldier and thought I had the right to own a high powered, semi-auto rifle if I wanted as a civilian. No, I don't. I have no right to weapons of war when they are the guns of choice to commit mass murders one after the other. Will the murders continue after people are no longer able to walk out of guns stores with assault rifles? Yes, but the murders will not be nearly as bad, and police will be able to respond more quickly and effectively.
Read what you just posted right here and juxtapose that to what is developing and emerging about the police response in Texas.

Banning Assault Rifles

Herschel Walker just gave a rambling speech, with a line about "taking your rights away." I always supported Second Amendment, and I still do. I know all of the arguments for it, and I've made them in the past. I still think everything I said was reasonable and right, except for one thing. When it got a lot of children killed, it stopped being right.

So don't talk to me about taking away your rights or "the security of a free state." High capacity, semi-automatic, high powered rifles on the market do not make us more secure. Obviously, they make us less secure. If you do not believe me, ask parents of those dead children. Ask the children who survived. Ask any sensible person. Do I think police should knock on your door and take away your rifle? No, and I want to quash talk of any proposed legislation to that effect, as quickly as possible. I believe that owning high capacity magazines, i.e. over seventeen, should be illegal. But I do not think that possession of the rifles themselves should become a crime. We need to stop people who want to commit mass murder from walking out of a gun store with one of those guns, and the only way to do that is to ban their manufacture and sale. That is what I support doing.

I want gun owners to understand that banning assault rifles is not the end of their gun rights, not the end of our country, and not the end of the world. I imposed a self-ban, and I'm doing just fine. I do not need one, and neither do you. I do not want one, and I don't think you should.

Nice. I’ve chosen to keep mine. The wife’s too.

Banning Assault Rifles

I want gun owners to understand that banning assault rifles is not the end of their gun rights, not the end of our country, and not the end of the world. I imposed a self-ban, and I'm doing just fine. I do not need one, and neither do you. I do not want one, and I don't think you should.

Well see we’ve chosen to do things differently, in that the rest of is don’t need to impose “a self ban” just because you did. We also don’t need to take things away from law abiding citizens just because they don’t make us safer. If you feel so strongly, go trade your automobile In for a horse and buggy Beto.

I fully support their efforts to enact gun control through this route. I don't support their effort succeeding but at least he's proposing the right way to do it.
Kinda how I feel. If they are willing to treat every right the way they want to do the 2A I will be much more supportive of their efforts.

Anything less and they cant argue it's not taking away a right.

Read what you just posted right here and juxtapose that to what is developing and emerging about the police response in Texas.

I'm waiting for that information to get sorted out. We know that the shooter with an AR in the N.Y. grocery store was hit twice by someone with a handgun. The shooter was wearing a vest and killed the man who tried to stop him. We also know that the deputy with a handgun at the school shooting in Florida a few years ago did not go into the school to stop the shooter with an AR-15. My point is that cops with handguns are at a disadvantage against someone with an AR-15 or AK-47. Take the superior weapons off the market and require school guards to have them, and the situation would be reversed.

VN Store

Back