Gun control debate (merged)

ehh 5.56 tumbles when it hits. Produces some real ugly wounds.
Both are great rounds. There is just something about shooting an AK that I enjoy so much more than my ARs. I love the history of the COMBLOC rifles LOL. Of course if you are going to carry a lot of 30 rd mags around, the 5.56 NATO will be a lighter load. :)

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Both are great rounds. There is just something about shooting an AK that I enjoy so much more than my ARs. I love the history of the COMBLOC rifles LOL. Of course if you are going to carry a lot of 30 rd mags around, the 5.56 NATO will be a lighter load. :)

More than once, you could follow my exact path out of an empty school where we just ran an AS drill by following the path of my helmet, mask, hard armor, carrier vest (rifle mags, pistol mags, IFAK, radio, flexcuffs, etc.), hydration bladder, goggles, and then finally me slumped on the tailgate of my Tahoe next to my AR and pouring a cold bottle of water on my head.

Next year is my last. I'm getting too old and slow for that crap. I'm leaning towards precision airstrikes on any barricaded subject with no hostages.

:cool:

When talking about high round counts, a typical AR is going to need cleaning at about 300 rounds. An AK can run without cleaning until the barrel wears out.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Who made the originals. the Russians?

“ IF “ someone somehow “hypothetically” we’re able to get a hold of an original AK , I heard “ rumors “ that it “ maybe “ possible to use the serial numbers and symbols that are stamped onto each one ( more importantly the symbols ) to track it down to the actual facility that it was produced at with just a few fairly simple search’s . You can if nothing else get it narrowed down to one or two possibilities , depending on the age of the rifle and the records of the facility .some were better record keepers in the 50s , 60s and 70’s than others .
Disclaimer: every bit of this is hypothetical and rumors based on hearsay from uneducated rednecks that should never be allowed to own such a dangerous weapon . 😂

When talking about high round counts, a typical AR is going to need cleaning at about 300 rounds. An AK can run without cleaning until the barrel wears out.

Not true. Just toss some oil on it and keep firing. Look up the Filthy 14 for a good example of this.

This nonsense that an AR has to be kept clean is little more than an urban myth that's been propagated since Vietnam.

Not true. Just toss some oil on it and keep firing. Look up the Filthy 14 for a good example of this.

This nonsense that an AR has to be kept clean is little more than an urban myth that's been propagated since Vietnam.

The M16 A1 had to be kept clean, latter versions were much better.

VN Store

Back