Gun control debate (merged)

For giggles you've got 3 AR upper rigs to best hunt the world. What you going with?
5.56, 6.8SPC, and either .458 SOCOM or .50 Beowolf depending on my mood.
If im hunting something that hunts back I take the .50 cause I have a little more faith in it but damn if you shoot it unsuppressed it makes a noise LOL. Grand Vol hit the nail on the head with a .22 conversion too for a 4th.

lol

44406546120_375371880a_z.jpg

Toledo is going full potato.

City of Toledo demands accountability from gun manufacturers with new series of questions

Toledo's mayor is trying to get other cities across the country to stand up to gun companies.

Wade Kapzukiewicz announced a new initiative this week that advocates for responsible gun ownership.

He says the city will only buy guns, ammo, and other equipment from vendors that answer the following six questions.

1. Do you manufacture assault weapons for civilian use?
  2. Do you sell assault weapons for civilian use?
  3. Which firearms does your company agree to not sell to civilians?
  4. Do you require your dealers to conduct background checks?
  5. Does your company have a plan in place to invest in gun and ammunition tracing technologies?
  6. Do you use, at a minimum, industry best practices for inventory control and transactions?
If companies cannot answer the questions successfully - the city will not do business with them.

Assuming that whatever technical obstacle they are claiming actually exists, and assuming it could be overcome, what's wrong with technology that matches a bullet to a gun?

I would think that responsible gun owners would be all for it.

I would be if it was actually feasible.

I’m absolutely positive it would be easy for a criminal element to disable and therefore be worthless.

But hey, you’d feel better while actually accomplishing nothing.....which is all you really want

If I was a gun manufacturer I’d say ... there’s no such thing as an “ assault “ weapon you idiot and if you are that dumb you shouldn’t be a mayor of a city with people depending on you . Now would you like to buy some weapons for your police officers or do you want them to just carry sticks ?

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
It's all stupid but if there was any doubt this person isn't an idiot look to #4. Manufacturers don't have anything to do with bgc's which are federally mandated for all FFL distributors.

This is what happens when you put idiots that have no subject matter experience in charge of making up rules.

This thread should be clear enough of that by now.

This is what happens when you put idiots that have no subject matter experience in charge of making up rules.

This thread should be clear enough of that by now.

No doubt. What's really troubling is the number of people too ignorant to know how big an idiot this guy (and the many like him) is and believe he's talking sense.

Assuming that whatever technical obstacle they are claiming actually exists, and assuming it could be overcome, what's wrong with technology that matches a bullet to a gun?

I would think that responsible gun owners would be all for it.
It's not possible. Since you are basically a total idiot when it comes to a gun, the only thing touching the bullet when fired is the rifling. Forensics can already partially match that. Anything else matches the gun to the casing. Micro SN numbering the firing pin is technically possible, but if you police your brass, you leave no trace. Stop reaching.

I would be if it was actually feasible.

I’m absolutely positive it would be easy for a criminal element to disable and therefore be worthless.

But hey, you’d feel better while actually accomplishing nothing.....which is all you really want
Or worse, counterfeit. Maybe we could get that ID info off whatever firearm LG owns.

Who am I kidding, they aren't talking about cap guns.

VN Store

Back