More EBAY humor

A great story, but I keep hitting this one problem: the only brass instrument with a "slide" to get stuck or broken is a trombone, and not even the most mongoloidal idiot who owned and valued one wouldn't know that. A member of a musical family ( a low-end member) I've played and owned both trumpets and "bugles". Bugles are horns which don't even have the 3 valves. They're just tubes with a mouth-piece, some twisty pipe, and a bell on the end. Trumpets, cornets, etc. are "bugles" with valves you can press down on so that you can alter the tone in more ways than just how hard or soft you blow.

How does even someone who owns a brass instrument they value enough to advertise for sale, much less be testy over, not know the difference between the single most unique brass instrument on the planet, a trombone, and one of the most generic, a "bugle".

Either this is just an ALMOST well-done fictionalized sales-story, or maybe the reason why the 13 year old son is such a brat is that Dad is all about the financial value not the substance of things and the boys just acting naturally. Personally, I know that if I was 13 in a house where my parents didn't know the difference between a bugle and a trombone but were uptight about its cost alone, left me up to my own devices in the house unsupervised for lengthy periods while they had fun, and kept $125 bottles of booze in the fridge, I'd just be all kinds of less-a-shallow-get-my-jollies-while-you-can-prick-than-them.

VN Store

Back