Mock 2021 schedule

matt_mccoy19

This is a mock schedule that I made for the 2021 schedule that is based off the original 2020 schedule model. the Pitt game is 10x more important than people think, we win it and we likely start the season 3-0 and head jnto florida game with momentum and Mizzou and Ole Miss look a lot more winnable, we lose and start the season 2-2 then Mizzou/OM look a lot worse and we could start the season 2-5. 58E0347F-7DDC-495C-8C52-1D9DF618BA45.jpeg

No reason not to be at a minimum 9-3 next season.
Beating teams with half the talent should mean nothing. As Pruitt said, it's all about Fla, Ga, and Ala. If we don't win 2 of those 3 we have no shot of winning the SEC East and playing for a SEC Championship. If Vol fans are content with this (and many seem to be), we will never be a top tier program I'm afraid. But we used to be. Personally I don't want my alma mater to be another Wake Forest.

I have talked about the 2021 schedule in other threads before on here. I agree with the OP in the statement that the Pitt game is going to be critical for the possibility of going 8-4 next year, which in my opinion is the best Coach Pruitt and staff can do in 2021. Look at it this way, realistically UT is starting each football season with 3 losses in the L column: Bama, Gators, UGA.. Hate to say that but right now, that's where we are at as a football team. The only sure wins for 2021 in my opinion are Bowling Green, Vandy, South Alabama and whomever the FCS opponent will be. The other 5 games, including Pitt, are all tossups in my opinion, they can go either way. At best, we go 4-1 in those 5 tossup games, and finish 8-4, and Pruitt gets another year, and then he has got to beat one of the Big 3 in 2022. I honestly don't think that will happen in 2021.. I think we probably go 6-6 or have a losing regular season in 2021, and if that happens, Pruitt will be let go after the 2021 season. Naturally, I want to go 12-0 every year but realistically, I think Tennessee fans know where our football program currently is at right now.

I see 2, probably 3 near certain wins, 3 near certain losses and 6 toss ups. 7-5 would be going 4-2 in the toss ups, that's about the best I dare expect, the floor could easily be 4-8 or even 3-9 if we are in full on player revolt against the Cornbread regime by mid October.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back