Mock 2021 schedule

8-4 is my prediction, also the ceiling for Pruitt is 9-3 that's if he actually ever will reach it.
Pruitt is a joke.

Say my schedule prediction is semi accurate and we have 2 of the toss up games after the uf game, the Pitt game is the deciding factor, say we win it we would go into florida with confidence and could hang with them for the first half like we did uga. Then the 2 toss up games may look like wins, and say we do win them, we would start the season 5-1 or 4-2 heading into what is likely the bama game, but if we lose we could go into the bama game 2-4 and then bama would be a sure loss and likely the final straw for pruitt, and if we have a bye week after that game then pruitt would especially be gone. But if we go 5-2 the first 7 games then 9-3 is absolutely realistic

I think at best we will be facing off against the Fighting Commodores to get to 6-6 and slither into the Liberty Bowl to get blown out by some Big 12 school. But I figure we probably go 3-9 or 4-8.

Reactions: finn
This is a mock schedule that I made for the 2021 schedule that is based off the original 2020 schedule model. the Pitt game is 10x more important than people think, we win it and we likely start the season 3-0 and head jnto florida game with momentum and Mizzou and Ole Miss look a lot more winnable, we lose and start the season 2-2 then Mizzou/OM look a lot worse and we could start the season 2-5. View attachment 335696
We going 8-4 best case scenerio with a 9th win in a bowl game. That should be the expectation.

Reactions: Border Vol
Don’t put it past Pruitt to lay an egg in the opener. Butch would go 8-4 minimum against that schedule.

Given that schedule, I see 7-5 as the ceiling. We could easily end up 6-6 or 5-7.

Edit: Corrected an auto-fill error.

Last edited:
Reactions: james_govols
Beating teams with half the talent should mean nothing. As Pruitt said, it's all about Fla, Ga, and Ala. If we don't win 2 of those 3 we have no shot of winning the SEC East and playing for a SEC Championship. If Vol fans are content with this (and many seem to be), we will never be a top tier program I'm afraid. But we used to be. Personally I don't want my alma mater to be another Wake Forest.
Right now, a winning season is the the stretch goal.

We are soooo far away from winning the East at this point that it is laughable.

I 100% agree with your comment and it is sad just how far this program has fallen. That said, I’d LOVE to finish 3rd in the East but I’d be amazed if we exceed 7-5 next year with 6-6 being my best guess.

Don’t put it past Pruitt to lay an egg in the opener. Butch would go 8-4 minimum against that schedule.
Only UT could downgrade by firing Butch Jones. The guy was not a good coach but he was decent.

Jeremy’s not even decent.

Texas just fired Tom Hermann after going to a bowl game each of his 4 years....and WINNING the bowl game. Why? It's not good enough for THEM. UT?....Ehhh. 3-7... record stretch of double digit losses in year 3....losing by 27 to Kentucky at home? No biggie.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
Nothing is gonna feel like we are progressing to being "real" again...or bring up echoes of past glory until we beat Florida and Georgia...at least....and it's funny it was Butch Jones that did that the year prior to him being fired. We were ranked 9th in the country after that. Even this year weren't we ranked 15 th at one point? Yet we keep a guy that took a 15th ranked team and set a record of consecutive double digit losses? What the heck is going on?

Ok......
HAHAHA 2021 schedule, I can’t believe how bad you are.

Did I do it right?

Don't see a bowl game in our future unless it's another gimme year.

Do people think Kentucky is not blowing us out again? Can't believe people seeing 9 wins in that schedule.

If there is one thing Pruitt has proven in three years, it is his teams are capable of losing to anyone on that schedule.

Tennessee won't win more than 4 or 5 games next year with the current coaching staff in place.

VN Store

Back