Mobius Final Fantasy (mobile)

marcusluvsvols

Blue collar skoller
Anybody else play this game? I have played it for about 2 years, it is far and away the best FF game on mobile. It is free to play, and about 6 months ago they made the in game currency farmable...so its not "pay to win". The entire single player game, and multi player coop, can be played thru without spending a dime. Graphics and battle are much like FF10. Just wondering if i am the only 1 here that plays?

Sounds cool. I've just never been able to get much into mobile games, though.

It's from one of my favorite directors (Toriyama), has good graphics for a mobile, and I like the way the battles look. But I shy away from mobile games cause of all the cash grabbing. So I have to ask what does one spend real money on with this? What is multi player coop?

It's from one of my favorite directors (Toriyama), has good graphics for a mobile, and I like the way the battles look. But I shy away from mobile games cause of all the cash grabbing. So I have to ask what does one spend real money on with this? What is multi player coop?

Yes there is multi player coop. 4 person groups . The only thing you can buy with cash is the in game currency, magicite, but you can farm up to 20,000 magicite free each month, if you want to grind that much. I usually farm 12 to 15k per month. 20k magicite would be about 60 bucks to buy IIRC...so its quite a lot for free. Currency is spent only to buy new characters and abilities, and the game intro gives you enough free to buy the 3 character starter pack and abilities, which are enough to complete the single player game. Its quite long, as FF games are. I spent about 20 to 40 bucks a month for quite a while because currency wasnt farmable. Since that changed, i almost never spend. Its really all i play, though...so if i had to go back to 30 a month, that would be like buying a new xbox game every 2 months...seems reasonable. I have played mobile games before that were ruined by loot boxes. They are terrible in a "pay to win" game.

Just because you can farm in game currency doesn't mean it's not pay to win. It just means that whales have to spend more to gain an advantage. I would imagine new characters and abilities offer some sort of advantage.

They certainly do. The point is a F2P player can still over time collect a dominant set of jobs(characters) and abilities ( attacks, heals, buffs, debuffs) i qould recommend to anyone to download the game for free, get the 3 job starter pack for free, and play through the single player game. Probably 20 hours at least of free fun. There is a subreddit. (MobiusFF) where we ask and answer questions for experianced players as well as noobs. Hardest thing to get in the game are Supreme abilities...you draw abilities 6 at a time from different packs and events, its RNG and 0.8% chance for 1 of those 6 to be a supreme. I currently have 5 out of 12 supremes, and 3 out of the 5 supreme skins that are a 2% chance to draw. There are F2P players with more supremes than me, lucky folks, and there are whales that spend thousands that have all 12 supremes. Thing is we dont fight eachother...so a whale having whatever doesnt hurt me at all...and the entire single player game can be beat without any supremes. I played a year before i drew my 1st supreme...steady building up my deck of abilities...then drew 5 supremes in the last year. That part is all RNG, but the more you farm the more you can draw, and the game gives away summon tickets in events as you play through them weekly as well. They do a good job making sure the game is balanced and it can never turn into a " whale dxck measuring contest" . I have played for 2 years, and its the best game i have ever played on mobile. You also have a "magicite distiller" thats always running at the top of the screen, it fills up about every 12 hours so you can log in, grab 100 magicite, and log out...or you could collect it hourly if you wanted to...but its free currency either way.

So I started playing this, and I do indeed enjoy it. So much so that I ended up getting the free steam version for my laptop (you can cross-save with mobile, and the PC version has an interface that is much easier on the eyes). Steam version has better graphics too, but its still pretty nice graphics for a mobile. Also took advantage of that to make a magicite mule for MP. The battle system is fun, and uses the best elements that I've seen from turn-based battles. Hard to believe there's over a hundreds of jobs and thousands of abilities. Most in-depth mobile game I've ever seen. Managed to pull a Cloud skin, altho I'd prefer to have Lightning, Tidus, or Yuna. Got a Sazh costume/job the other day from one of the event banners.

VN Store

Back