'20 MO WR James Frenchie

Film is definitely impressive, but not
a lot of receiving going on. Lots of reverses. Reminds me a little of Pig Howard.

Film is definitely impressive, but not
a lot of receiving going on. Lots of reverses. Reminds me a little of Pig Howard.
We got a ton of those guys already. How many guys in our current WR group do you trust to take a screen 50 yards to the endzone? Jordan Murphy, maybe.. we need speed guys

lol... I love the play right around 2:10 where his teammate (#20) is telling him where to run but not throwing a single block for him.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
On offense, Frenchie only touched the ball 54 times over the past 2 seasons (20 games) but he scored 19 TDs. He rushed 31 times for 407 yards (13.1 ypc) & 9 TDs and had 23 receptions for 754 yards & 10 TDs. He's also been a special-teams weapon w/ 6 KOs returned for 181 yards & 1 TD and 7 punt returns for 171 yards & 2 TDs.
James Frenchie's High School Football Stats

Trinity Catholic was throttled by Georgia powerhouse Colquitt County in last year's season opener, 42-14. TC was loaded on offense with 4 4-star players on offense (Frenchie, QB Isaiah Williams (Illinois signee), WR Marcus Washington (Texas signee), WR Mookie Cooper (Ohio State commit)) along with high 3-star RB Reggie Love (Illinois commit) and went on to win a state championship.

On offense, Frenchie only touched the ball 54 times over the past 2 seasons (20 games) but he scored 19 TDs. He rushed 31 times for 407 yards (13.1 ypc) & 9 TDs and had 23 receptions for 754 yards & 10 TDs. He's also been a special-teams weapon w/ 6 KOs returned for 181 yards & 1 TD and 7 punt returns for 171 yards & 2 TDs.
32AF4E61-F1A1-4403-A9B5-B20F3FFE85F9.gif

Yeah he is. I think his performance this year will make people feel a lot better about Jennings and Callaway leaving.
Hopefully Palmer sticks around and then we’ll have Murphy in the slot and some talent but not a lot of production. Lotta opportunities for an offense that will rely on the pass while it gets better at running the ball.

If this guy’s 4.7 I’ll take 4.7. He is smoking going past people so I don’t think that time is right.

Yeah, his speed looked a bit better than what was listed.
I have no idea if this kid would be the answer or not, but it would be awfully nice to have a player we could use like Rondale Moore at Purde.

Hopefully Palmer sticks around and then we’ll have Murphy in the slot and some talent but not a lot of production. Lotta opportunities for an offense that will rely on the pass while it gets better at running the ball.
I wonder if Gibbs will eventually play WR. He was solid there in high school, and with what we have leaving there’s more of a need there. I think a WR group with Palmer, Gibbs, Murphy, Ramel and a few good freshman could be REALLY good.

I wonder if Gibbs will eventually play WR. He was solid there in high school, and with what we have leaving there’s more of a need there. I think a WR group with Palmer, Gibbs, Murphy, Ramel and a few good freshman could be REALLY good.
I read somewhere ( can’t remember where) that if he played this year he’d be a WR but if the waiver never comes he’ll be a DB.

I read somewhere ( can’t remember where) that if he played this year he’d be a WR but if the waiver never comes he’ll be a DB.
That’s odd. Figured we’d need him more at WR, given the status of both groups. But hey he was a 5⭐️ safety for a reason I guess

We got a ton of those guys already. How many guys in our current WR group do you trust to take a screen 50 yards to the endzone? Jordan Murphy, maybe.. we need speed guys

lol. Murphy, jj, callaway, palmer, keyton. Trust in Tee.

lol. Murphy, jj, callaway, palmer, keyton. Trust in Tee.
JJ and Calloway are all gonna need some blocking and a favorable blitz going on to house it.

The sum total of our receiving corps needs a massive overhaul in regards to speed.

JJ and Calloway are all gonna need some blocking and a favorable blitz going on to house it.

The sum total of our receiving corps needs a massive overhaul in regards to speed.

Agreed. Glad we got Means. Luckily Murphy, Byrd, and Palmer have the possibility to House it anytime they get the ball.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back